This Instant pot cornbread taco pie isn’t like all the other tacos on the block! Golden brown cornbread that is topped with all the fillings a taco would have! Seasoned meats, crisp iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, and all the other fixings to complete a perfect taco. What are you waiting on? Grab your Instant Pot and let’s get cooking!
*** This Recipe Was Created by My Cousin Jamie***
Taco Tuesday’s is a thing at our house. We love an excellent Tex-Mex dish, and what better way to celebrate than on a Tuesday to break up the week. I was on the hunt for a new and creative meal, and my cousin Jamie shared her cornbread taco pie recipe, and I instantly knew it was a must make! Grab a boxed cornbread, we use one that has jalapeno to add some kick, but you are welcome to use any brand or kind you like. Then on top goes perfectly cooked taco meat that you can layer on any taco condiments you want.
Tex Mex Instant Pot Cornbread Taco Pie
In our home, we love to mix it up with the toppings. I generally use what I have on hand and create a tasty dish that we all can enjoy. I like to add a dollop of sour cream for that tang, and it can tame down the jalapenos in the cornbread.
Some Of Our Favorite Toppings For The Cornbread Taco Pie
- Black beans
- Black Olives
- Fire Roasted Corn
Want More Taco Recipes?
How To Make Cornbread Taco Pie
Truthfully you guys, the process is a breeze. You start by cooking that ground beef until it is perfectly cooked, toss in your taco seasoning and let it marinade for a few minutes. Pour the meat mixture into your pan that you will be putting into your Instant Pot. Next, in a separate pan, mix up your cornbread according to the package. Pour over the meat mixture, and cook. Once it is done, pull it out and flip it over, so the meat mixture is on top. Slice, and top with your favorite taco condiments!
Super simple to make, and the cornbread pairs well with the taco meat. I think once you make this recipe, you will keep coming back to make it again and again. It was an instant favorite in our home!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 box Cornbread Mix
- 1 packet taco seasonings
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Cook taco meat according to package
- Prepare cornbread mix according to box
- Use your spring form pan and layer taco meat in the bottom press down slightly
- Top with cornbread mixture
- Place one cup water in the instant pot with a trivet
- Using a foil sling place pan in the instant pot on the trivet
- Cook on manual high pressure for 18 minutes
- do a natural release for 5 minutes then do a quick release
- Flip over your taco pie onto a platter
- Remove the springform pan
- Top with taco sauce, cheese, lettuce and tomatoes, Serve!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
- Springform Pan，7" Springform Pan Instant Pot Non-stick Cake Pan Cheesecake Pan Leakproof Round Pan 7 Inch Cake Pan for Instant Pot with 50 Pcs Parchment Paper Liners (7 Inches)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 277Saturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 864mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 12g