Keto Buffalo Chicken Chaffles are the ultimate savory chaffles. This buffalo chicken chaffle recipe is easy, quick, and will curb any cravings you have.
Chaffles are truly taking the world by storm right now. You will find many recipes from dessert Chaffles to savory like this recipe.
Keto Buffalo Chicken Chaffles
So what are Chaffles? They are a flourless and low carb recipe that is keto-approved. Eggs, mozzarella cheese and a handful of other ingredients come together to form a waffle that will knock your socks off.
What is The Best Waffle Iron For Chaffles
The Dash Mini Waffle Maker is one that everyone raves about and recommends. It is a perfect size and cooks Chaffles nicely.
Any small waffle maker will work if you already have one and don’t want to buy a different one.
Chaffles are smaller in size so if you use a large one you might not use the whole iron if you plan to make the smaller waffles. But if you do one larger Belgian waffle it will work great.
Are These Spicy
Yes, like any buffalo chicken you will find it carries a spice to it. Depending on the buffalo sauce will also depend on the heat factor.
If you have a milder sauce you can tame down the heat that way. Or use a bit less sauce if you can’t take the heat.
Can I Double Recipe
Absolutely! Whether you want to serve a crowd or prep for meals down the line. I share how to store extras so you can be prepared when you go to cook.
This recipe is so good and I have meal prepped extras to have on hand for meals later on.
How to Store Chaffles
Chaffles are best when served fresh. But, you can store leftovers. Allow the chicken Chaffles to cool and then transfer to an airtight container or bag. Store in the fridge for up to three days.
Can You Freeze Buffalo Chaffles
If you want you are welcome to freeze Chaffles as well if you want to make extra. Allow them to fully cool and then lay out on a cookie sheet and flash freeze.
Then transfer to a freezer-friendly container or bag, you might want to do a layer of parchment paper so they don’t stick together.
When To Serve Up Buffalo Chicken Chaffles
- Lunch | These are pretty quick to cook up and make a really tasty lunch.
- Dinner | Pair with a salad or even veggie side dish and dive in. The whole family will enjoy these.
- Snack | I have even made a couple as a snack here and there. They are highly addictive.
To me, there is no wrong time to nibble on one of the buffalo chicken Chaffles.
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup chicken, shredded
- ¾ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce + optional 1 tablespoon for topping
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup celery, diced
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the baking powder into the almond flour and set aside.
- Preheat waffle maker to medium/high heat and spray generously with low carb non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, add eggs and beat until frothy. Add in hot sauce and beat until well combined.
- Add flour mixture to eggs and mix until just combined
- Add in shredded cheeses and mix until well combined.
- Fold in shredded chicken.
- Add chaffle batter to the preheated waffle maker and cook until browning on the outside. About 4 minutes.
- Remove from waffle maker and repeat Step 7 until all batter is used up.
- Plate chaffles and top with feta, celery, and/or hot sauce and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 337Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 165mgSodium: 958mgCarbohydrates: 4gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 22g