Creamy, rich, and savory Instant Pot Cream of Mushroom Soup is waiting for you! This cream of mushroom soup is made in the pressure cooker, so it really blends the flavors together.
If you have never made fresh cream of mushroom soup, you have to try this recipe. Fresh ingredients, wholesome, and bursting with flavor and a creamy texture.
Instant Pot Cream of Mushroom Soup
Give this homemade Instant Pot Cream of Mushroom Soup recipe a try today. A great dish for winter and fall, or a starter dish for a multi-course dinner.
Do You Serve Cream of Mushroom Soup Warm or Chilled
The beauty of this mushroom soup is you can do either. While many love the flavor of a warm cream of mushroom. It can be ladled up as a cold soup as well. I know a cold soup might sound a little strange, but trust me it works!
How To Serve Mushroom Soup
- Top with crunchy croutons
- Pair with French bread
- Dollop of Sour Cream
- Splash of Hot Sauce
- Sprinkle of Swiss Cheese
- Top with Oyster Crackers
- Slices of Jalapeno
There is no wrong way to serve up this soup! Great for dipping bread or crackers in, or eating as is.
How Long Can I Keep Homemade Mushroom Soup In The Fridge
You can store this soup in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. I always recommend using your best judgment in terms of when you feel the soup is going bad. You can choose to reheat the soup or eat it chilled. Either route will work great for this soup. Great for meal prepping for a light and easy weekday lunch.
Best Way To Reheat Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Simply warm up a bowl of soup in the microwave, or warm it up in a pan on the stove. If we are going to do multiple bowls, I reach for the stove for easy warm-up. Just turn on a low setting and heat slowly, stirring often. You don’t want the bottom of the soup to burn.
Why Is My Mushroom Soup Clumpy Once Chilled
Sometimes soup can kind of clump up once it is chilled. The easy way around this is to grab a whisk and when you go to warm it up, just whisk it really well. Or if you are planning to serve cold, then whisk in the container it is in, and then serve.
What Type of Mushrooms Can You Use For Mushroom Soup
You will find a ton of mushrooms work great for making a cream of mushroom soup. You can use one variety or add in a combination to add more depth and flavor to your soup. Cremini, brown, mini portobello are all great options.
Give this cream of mushroom soup a try. The Instant Pot really does a fantastic job of breaking down the mushrooms and really blending all the flavors and components of the soup. So simple, delicious, and a must make soup.
More Instant Pot Soups you may like:
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- ½ cup yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 - 8-ounce packages cremini or baby Bella mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1 – 8-ounce package sliced shitake mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Fresh parsley
- Set Instant Pot to sauté, add butter and onions and cook until translucent (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add garlic and mushrooms, then sauté for an additional 3 minutes.
- Stir in vegetable stock, sherry, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and lock with the lid then set a timer for 10 minutes and allow a natural release for 15 minutes.
- Manually release remaining pressure and carefully unlock and remove the lid.
- In a small bowl, add water and cornstarch and whisk with a fork.
- Set Instant Pot to sauté on low heat, then add in cornstarch mixture and heavy cream.
- Bring soup to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
Optional for a creamier texture - Using an immersion blender, carefully blend soup until creamy. Or allow soup to cool and use a blender to puree the soup, then return the soup to the Instant pot and heat on sauté until warmed.
- Top with fresh parsley and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 633mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 3g