This classic Turkey Reuben, or Rachel Reuben, combines leftover turkey, sauerkraut, tangy dressing, and cheese between two slices of Rye bread grilled to perfection on a Blackstone Grill just until the cheese has melted.
It seems like every holiday the same thing happens we make a ton of delicious food like our Instant Pot Candied Acorn Squash, our Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole, and our Instant Pot cranberry sauce. With so many delicious choices we always have tons of leftovers, especially leftover turkey.
One of our favorite leftover turkey meals are these easy to make Reuben sandwiches.
They are simple to assemble and are ready to eat in less than 20 minutes. It really makes for the best meal after you have cooked for days in the kitchen prepping for the holidays.
How to Make a Turkey Reuben on Blackstone Grill
Ingredients for Turkey Reuben
marble rye bread
Instructions for making Turkey Reuben
Turn on your Blackstone grill to a medium heat
Add the Sauerkraut and turkey directly on the griddle
butter your rye bread and place on grill
Add the cheese, turkey, French dressing and sauerkraut.
Tips Tricks and FAQs
- Not a sauerkraut fan? Try switching it out for some coleslaw instead. If you do this be sure to omit the dressing that the recipe calls for.
- Feel free to use light rye or dark rye when making these sandwiches.
- These sandwiches can get a little wet with all the sauces and dressings. To prevent them from getting too soggy, you can lightly toast the bread prior to assembling your sandwich and then grilling.
- When using sauerkraut be sure to squeeze it to remove the excess liquid.
- If you want the cheese to melt quickly preheat your leftover turkey as well as your sauerkraut.
- For a different spin on the Turkey Reuben add leftover cranberry sauce.
Do I have to use leftover turkey?
Turkey Reubens are great throughout the year. If you are feeling like one and don’t have any leftover turkey you can pick up some smoked turkey from the deli. You can get it sliced a little thicker if you desire or slice it thin and just stack it for a delicious Reuben sandwich.
Can I use different meats for Reubens?
We love these Turkey Reubens because we are able to use our leftovers, but there are several other variations. You could easily use corned beef or pastrami with this sandwich.
These sandwiches are best enjoyed as soon as you make them. Letting them sit or trying to refrigerate them will make them soggy quickly.
There are so many great choices to serve with your Reuben sandwiches. Try serving them with:
- Dill pickles
- Potato salad
- Potato chips
Have more leftover turkey? Try these!
- 4 slices marble rye bread
- 4 slices turkey
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut
- French Dressing
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Pre-heat Blackstone grill to medium heat
- Butter bread
- Place turkey meat and sauerkraut directly on the griddle
- arrange Reuben sandwich
- place bread on the griddle, add 2 slices of cheese to each top with turkey,sauekraut, and french dressing top with buttered bread
- Cook on griddle for about 3 minutes until golden brown.
- flip over and cook until both sides are golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 677Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 144mgSodium: 1086mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 5gSugar: 6gProtein: 37g