Skillet Peanutbutter Cup Icecream Cookie #SunsoutSpoonsOut
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SunsoutSpoonsOut #CollectiveBias
Recently, I started using cast iron skillets for most of my cooking. The biggest benefit is you can use your skillet in the house, on the stove top, in the oven, or right on a campfire. I am all for not turning on the oven in the middle of the summer. There is nothing better than a hot skillet peanut butter cookie with googy chocolate and icecream on a hot summer day. #SunsOutSpoonsOut .
To make my yummy Skillet Peanutbutter Cup Cookie and Icecream you will need only a few ingredients. 1 scoop of Blue Bunny Vanilla Icecream, 1 8oz bag of Reeces mini peanutbutter cups, 10″ cast iron skillet, 1/2 cup unsalted butter, 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed, 1 large egg, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1 cup all-purpose flour, 3/4 teaspoon baking soda, 6 ounces bittersweet semisweet chocolate chunks.
My first stop was over to my local Walmart to pick up a few ingredients. Since the kids are home for the summer I am at the store a lot. I headed down the ice cream isle to pick up some Blue Bunny Classic Vanilla Ice cream. I got the big tub of vanilla because I know the kids will eat it up with ice cream floats, sodas, and to go with any dessert. BlueBunny comes in many flavors but I love the classic vanilla.
Butter the bottom of your cast iron skillet, Drop all the dough into the pan and press it in. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Let your cookie cool down about 30 minutes.
The fun part comes next. Take a large scoop of bluebunny ice cream and place on the top of your cookie.Garnish with Reeces peanutbutter cups. I also had some ChipsAhoy cookies I crumbled over the top.
Cut a slice and enjoy! I love to sit and chat with the kids over dessert. Catch up on everything I missed out on over the school year. To me this time is priceless. Is there a special recipe you enjoy in the summertime?
Walmart is having a BlueBunny Demo on 7/9 – 7/12. See if there is a demo near you HERE
- 1 scoop of Blue Bunny Vanilla Icecream
- 1 8 oz bag of reeces mini peanutbutter cups
- 10 " cast iron skillet
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 ounces bittersweet semisweet chocolate chunks
- Cream the butter and peanut butter together until fully incorporated.
- Add the sugars and cream on medium speed.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix until completely incorporated.
- Add the flour and baking soda, mix until no white remains, then add the chocolate and mix on low just until everything comes together.
- Butter the bottom of your cast iron skillet, Drop all the dough into the pan and press it in.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.