Stuffed French toast is one of my favorites. So I created this rolled French toast recipe for a fun way to kickstart the day. French toast that is filled with cream cheese and fruit filling.
Stuffed French Toast
Whether it’s the weekend or a holiday, this easy French toast recipe is a perfect fit.
How to Make Stuffed French Toast
Step 1: Start by cutting off the edges of your bread. Once you have it cut place in a single layer on the counter.
Step 2: Now with a rolling pin flatten out each bread square. This will make rolling better.
Step 3: Smear on cream cheese and fruit pie filling. Roll tightly and then cook in a skilleg as directed. .
What To Stuff French Toast With
There are a handful of things you could put into your French toast. I will list some ideas for you to consider.
- Fresh fruit or any pie filling
- Peanut butter
- Hazelnut spread
- Jam or jelly
- Marshmallow fluff
How to Serve
- Dust with powdered sugar
- Drizzle over more pie filling or fresh fruit
- Make a chocolate sauce for dipping
- Drizzle on caramel sauce
I love how easy these were to make and versatile for serving up. Let me know which pairing to choose from.
What Bread Is Best For French Toast
I just used plain white sandwich bread. Feel free to use whatever brand you prefer.
The main thing is to ensure it is soft and rolls well, and to cut the crust off.
Will The Stuffed French Toast Stay Together As It Cooks
Make sure when you put your French toast in the pan that the seam is facing bottom of pan. This will help in the bread to unroll.
I found that to be super helpful. The other thing you can do is stick a toothpick in center if you find it begins to come apart.
Storing Leftover French Toast
If you end up having leftovers you can store them in a container in the fridge. It will store a day per two.
French toast is always best fresh. You will find that refrigerated these roll ups can look a bit of texture as these become soft.
Can I Double This Recipe
Feel free to double the recipe if need be. I have made a larger batch and it turned out so good.
I laid out a handful of toppings and make it like a French toast breakfast bar.
- 8 slices white sandwich bread
- cream cheese, Strawberry Jam or cherries
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 heaping teaspoon ground cinnamon
- butter, for greasing the pan
- syrup for topping
- Cut the crusts off the bread. With a Rolling Pin roll out the bread to make it nice and flat.
- Spread cream cheese on the bread. Place about a teaspoon or 2 of your chosen filling an inch from one end of the bread spread out in a strip. Repeat on each piece of bread. Roll each one and set aside.
- In a bowl beat whisk the eggs and milk add cinnamon to the mix.
- Over a medium heat melt butter on a frying pan.
- Add the rolls to the egg turning to coat on all sides then place them in the pan seam side down.
- Cook until golden brown, turning them to brown on all sides.
- Remove from pan and serve with syrup ENJOY!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 115Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 147mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 3g