Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon French Toast Casserole is a super simple and decadent breakfast recipe. Grab pre-made refrigerated cinnamon rolls and pie filling and let’s get cooking! Give this apple french toast casserole a try!
Apple Cinnamon French Toast Casserole
If you are a busy mom and want to have an easy recipe to whip up, this cinnamon French toast casserole could be a dream come true!
Reach for canned pie filling, refrigerated cinnamon rolls, and milk, eggs, and vanilla. It’s all it takes for this easy slow cooker French toast casserole.
Why Make This Apple Cinnamon French Toast Casserole
- Minimal ingredients required
- Quick prep – literally in minutes
- Kid friendly
How To Make
Step 1: In a bowl add your eggs, milk, and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
Step 2: Add your diced cinnamon rolls into the all cooker along with pie filling. Pour in your mixture.
Step 3: Cover and cook for 4 hours. You will know when this cinnamon French toast casserole is done when the cinnamon rolls are fully cooked.
Step 4: Spoon up the mixture and then drizzle with cinnamon roll icing.
The full ingredients and instructions are in the recipe card below.
Can I Use Homemade Pie Filling
You can use homemade apple pie filling if you would like. I reached for store-bought cause it was easy to do.
But you are welcome to mix in homemade or can. The one thing with canned is if you want smaller pieces using a knife to cut up the apple chunks to make them a bit smaller if you would like.
Could I Swap Apple Filling Out
Making this cinnamon roll French toast can be mixed with essentially any pie filling flavor.
Peach, blueberry, cherry, all sound like a fantastic combo. Just reach for your preferred brand and flavor of pie filling mix.
Then just follow the directions below.
How Long Does It Take To Make Crockpot French Toast Casserole
The biggest thing to remember is that every slow cooker varies a bit in temperature. So expect this cinnamon roll casserole to take about 4 hours.
Stick a toothpick in cinnamon rolls to ensure they are not doughy. If they appear soft and fluffy with no dough, your breakfast casserole is done.
Looking for More Slow Cooker Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowl | Chicken, rice, black beans and more all come together in this burrito bowl recipe. Spoon up this dinner for your family tonight.
- Easy Reese’s Peanut Butter Cake | Here is a slow cooker cake recipe that is one of my favorites. A Chocolate cake topped with peanut butter and mini Reese bites.
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast | This pot roast is loaded with flavor. Eat alone, pile on a bun, serve with rice, and more. There is no wrong way to eat this tender and juicy roast.
- Crockpot Bourbon Chicken | Grab your boneless chicken and dive into this easy crockpot recipe. Loads of flavor and a must make.
- 3 packages of cinnamon rolls
- 1 20 oz Can apple pie filling
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Set Aside
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray or oil
- Cut each cinnamon rolls in 4 pieces
- Add a layer of cinnamon rolls to the bottom of slow cooker
- Add half the can of apple pie filling
- top with the rest of your cinnamon rolls
- Pour over your egg mixture
- Cook on high for 3 hours
- Top with icing from the cinnamon roll packets
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 169Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 260mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 4g