The Ultimate Instant Pot Fiesta Chicken is the perfect dump and go Instant Pot recipe. Insanely easy prep, incredible flavor, and even an Instant Pot Freezer Recipe for a meal later on. Fiesta chicken is full of tender chicken, corn, Rotel, ranch seasoning and black beans. A meal in one!
Fiesta Chicken is such a fantastic dinner recipe. The Instant Pot allows you to make a one-pot dinner that kids and adults will all love. Add on some of your favorite taco toppings and dive in.
Instant Pot Fiesta Chicken
My goal this summer is to get my freezer prepped and full of quick and easy meals to make the fall and winter a lot easier on me. I have been in a cooking mood, thanks to my Instant Pot! I can dump in frozen chicken and cook away, it saves me from having to plan ahead. This is one of my husband’s favorite Instant Pot freezer recipes. He can even heat it up on his own if I am not at home.
What Type of Rice Pairs With Fiesta Chicken
I enjoy using long grain rice, but you are welcome to use what you want. Brown rice, Jasmine, cauliflower rice for a low carb option, etc. Feel free to make what you want to fit what you have in your pantry. You can also serve this with Chipolte Cilantro Lime rice
What Toppings To Put On Instant Pot Fiesta Chicken
- Pico De Gallo
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Splash of Hot Sauce for heat
You can add any of your favorite toppings to this chicken recipe. We mix it up with what we have on hand, but I treat it similar to a taco, on what I pile on top.
Can I Use Homemade Ranch Seasoning For This Fiesta Chicken
Does Fiesta Chicken Freeze Well
Absolutely! This recipe is great for turning into a freezer meal as I stated above. If you are wanting to prep some quick and easy dinner ideas for your family to heat up when you are away, or to make a night simple for you, this recipe is for you! I share all the instructions below in the recipe card!
How Long Will Fiesta Chicken Last In Fridge
You can expect your chicken to last up to three days. Anything after that, I recommend using your best judgment to see if it is still good. The three-day mark is generally my cut off date for leftovers like this.
If You Love Instant Pot Fiesta Chicken, You Will Love These Recipes Too
- How To Make Shredded Beef From Frozen in Instant Pot | I love that you can cook meat from frozen to tender and juicy in a short matter of time. This recipe is incredible and the beef is so versatile.
- Chicken Fajita Instant Pot Soup | Another winning dish. This soup is savory and full of rich flavors. We make this recipe a ton in the winter months, where you want something warm to warm you up on a cold day.
- Instant Pot Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork | This is great any time of year. Get that sweet and savory pulled pork right in your Instant Pot. Pile on a bun or serve over rice and dive in.
Fiesta Chicken is a simple Instant Pot chicken recipe that I think you all will agree, is fantastic. Give it a try today!
- 1 Pound Chicken Breast
- 16 oz Can of black beans
- 1 Pepper chopped
- 16 oz can of corn
- 2 Cans Rotel Tomatoes with Chillies
- 4 oz can Jalapenos (optional)
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
- 2 Cups Rice uncooked
- 2 cups of water
- 16 oz Colby jack cheese
Directions from thawed:
- 2 cups of rice in the instant pot along with water.
- Pour both packets of seasoning over the rice
- On top place chicken, corn, Rotel, Black Beans, Jalapeno's, and Peppers.
- Do not stir.
- Place on manual LOW PRESSURE for 12 minutes.
- Do a quick release.
- Stir in Cheese.
Directions to Freeze for a Freezer Meal:
- Use a gallon size freezer bag
- Add Chicken, tomatoes, beans, corn, seasonings, and peppers to the bag.
- Freeze for up to 6 months
To cook From Frozen:
- Remove from freezer bag and place in the instant pot with 1 cup of water.
- Cook on high pressure for 12 minutes with a natural release.
- You can serve with pre-frozen Rice
- Or you can add 2 cups of uncooked rice to the pot
- Cook on LOW Pressure for 12 minutes
- Do a quick release.
- Stir in cheese.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 535 Total Fat: 21g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 101mg Sodium: 1331mg Carbohydrates: 47g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 8g Sugar: 5g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 41g