Is there such a thing as a carb-free bread? Why, yes there is, check out my Carb Free Gluten Free Garlic Cloud Bread. This is a gluten-free keto option that is great if you are on a diet or needing to cut out carbs for health reasons. So many are pushing through their keto diets, and this is one food that many opt to make. It helps give you that feeling like you are eating garlic bread, but you don’t have all the unwanted carbs that go along with it.
If you were to ask me what my favorite bread was, I would probably say hands down garlic bread. Whether you pair with it with a pasta dish or even a salad, it is the perfect side. I love the bold garlic flavor that stands out and leaves that lasting flavor in your mouth. I have been working hard on reducing my carbs, and this carb free gluten free garlic bread is helping me stay on course. I can whip this up in a hurry and pair with my spaghetti squash or grilled chicken, and I have a tasty meal.
Now you can take this bread and make it a primary bread and leave off the garlic and cheese, but whats the fun in that? I love the garlic version because it helps add a lot of flavor without loading it up with carbs. But, feel free and get creative with your seasonings and herbs and make different variations of this carb free bread that you can incorporate into all your dishes.
In around 30 minutes or less, you can make this bread from start to finish. Keto dieters go crazy over this carb free garlic bread. It helps us to feel like we are still indulging a little. For me, if I feel like I am unable to eat foods I love, I fail at diets, but when I get creative in the kitchen and work hard at making recipes that fit into my new diet, I can stay on track and stay positive while I shed the weight and get healthier.
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 tsp cream of tart
- 2 tbs cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbs oregano
- 3 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp butter
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and cooking spray.
- Separate egg yolks and egg whites.
- Place in two separate bowls.
- Blend together egg whites with cream of tart until a stiff peak forms. This takes a few minutes.
- In a separate bowl blend together egg yolks and cream cheese until creamy smooth
- Fold the egg yolk in with the egg whites. Do not blend just stir gently.
- Using a large spoon, Spoon out your mixture on the prepared baking sheet in circles. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a rack.
- Now let's turn these Carb Free Breads into Garlic Bread.
- Melt your butter in a small pan. Stir in garlic powder and oregano.
- Spread over each bread and place half a slice of mozzarella on each one.
- Place in the broiler for 2-3 minutes on high until cheese melts.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and parm cheese.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 164Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 160mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 6g