Are you looking for an Instant Pot chicken quick meal? Check out my Instant Pot chicken Marsala. A classic Italian dish that can be made in your Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi to speed up the cook time. You have a creamy sauce, tender and juicy chicken, mushrooms, and lots of Italian flavors — a crowd-pleasing Italian dish.
I love a tasty Italian dish, but to be honest, sometimes I don’t want to venture out. If you dream of that Italian flavor in the comfort of your own home, make my Ninja Foodi Chicken Marsala. You have savory chicken, mushrooms, in a Marsala wine sauce that is creamy and will leave your heart swooning.
You can serve this dish over pasta, rice, a creamy mashed potato, or even polenta. However you prefer, it is sure to be a treat. With Valentine’s Day around the corner, this could be the perfect romantic dinner to make at home so you can skip the crowds this holiday.
A Quick and Easy Chicken Marsala Recipe
The reason why I reach for my Ninja Foodi or Instant Pot is that it gives you that rich and savory dish you are hoping for in a fraction of the time. If you were to make this traditional Italian dish on the stove, you would have a lot more prep work and time that goes into the dish. The Instant Pot pressures up and cooks and blends the flavors in a fraction of the time, while using less energy on top of it. I call this a must-have Instant Pot chicken quick meal that I keep on hand for those nights I want something savory and quick.
What Marsala Wine is best for Chicken Marsala
Marsala is a unique wine that offers a vibrant and smokey flavor. I look for a dry Marsala when I go to make it for chicken Marsala. You can buy sweet Marsala wines, but those are more meant for desserts. If you are unsure, ask the clerk to help you find the right style at the liquor store. Any brand will do if you have a preference.
What Can I Substitute For Marsala Wine
Marsala is a pretty unique wine, which is a brandy-fortified wine. I recommended using a teaspoon of brandy to 1/4 cup of dry white wine.
Trust me guys, skip the stovetop version and use your Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi a try. I can’t tell you how amazing this dish is, and it tastes no different than the classic stovetop version. The only difference is you save a lot of time, prep, and dirty dishes. All things of which I am entirely happy with.
Looking for More Ninja Foodi or Instant Pot Meals?
- 2 pound chicken Breast
- 3 cloves garlic
- 16 oz mushrooms
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Split your 2 large chicken breasts in half sprinkle salt and pepper on each of them.
- Coat each one in flour
- Place your instant pot or ninja foodi on saute add olive oil and butter and garlic.
- Place chicken in and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes or until each side is golden brown.
- Add your Wine, Broth, and mushrooms.
- Place on Manual High Pressure for 10 minutes.
- Do A Quick Release.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.
- Optional you can thicken up your sauce with corn starch slurry by mixing 1 tbs cornstarch and 1 tbs of water Place your pot on saute and when it comes to a boil add the slurry.
- Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
- Ninja Foodi 1400-Watt Multi Cooker, Pressure Cooker, Steamer & Air Fryer w/ TenderCrisp Technology, Pressure & Crisping Lid, 6.5 Qt Pot (OP301), Black/Gray
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 612 Saturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 160mg Sodium: 541mg Carbohydrates: 36g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 7g Protein: 55g