Zucchini Lasagna is a keto lasagna that uses no true noodles. Your thinly sliced zucchini takes the layer of traditional noodles, for a hearty yet light lasagna!
Zucchini noodle lasagna is the perfect way to use up your fresh zucchini from the garden or farmer’s market. It is total comfort food but without the excess carbs like a traditional lasagna.
How To Use Zucchini In Replace of Lasagna Noodles
Use a mandoline slicer to get even and thin slices of zucchini. You will slice them nice and thin to mimic a pasta noodle.
The secret is to sprinkle the noodles with salt and lay out on a paper towel. This is going to help release the liquid in the zucchini, so your zucchini doesn’t end up super watery.
Then once ready assemble your low carb zucchini and prep your lasagna.
Does This Taste Like Regular Lasagna
The flavoring of a low carb zucchini lasagna paired to a classic is similar. You will find the flavor is slightly different but overall it is very similar in taste. The zucchini slices add nice flavor to the dish.
How to Make Keto Zucchini Lasagna From Scratch
Step 1: Slice your zucchini lengthwise with your slicer. Thin is important. Place on paper towels in a single layer and sprinkle with salt. Let set to release any juice from the zucchini.
Step 2: Work on your homemade meat sauce, or reach for a keto marinara sauce you bought in a store. Just watch sugar level on store bought jars.
Step 3: Once your sauce and zucchini are ready take a bowl and mix your ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese or romano, garlic, mozzarella cheese, and eggs.
Do a thin layer of a sauce, layer of zucchini, meat sauce, cheese mix, and repeat the process. The full directions are in the printable recipe card below.
Step 4: Then bake in the oven as directed until the cheese mixture on top gets nice and golden brown. Once done remove and let sit to set up.
What Meat To Use
Go meatless if you would like, reach for ground beef, or even Italian sausage. Just cook up your meat in a skillet and then mix with your tomato-based sauce.
Looking For More Easy Zucchini Recipes
- Air Fryer Zucchini Curly Fries
- Zucchini Fries
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters
- Easy Zucchini Boats
- Zucchini Pie
- Zucchini Tomato Casserole
Can I Double This Keto Recipe
If you want to make extra go right ahead. Just reach for a larger baking dish or make in two different pans so that you don’t have it in too many layers. Then bake until it is golden brown on top.
If you have leftover lasagna just place in the fridge in a proper container. This will store for a few days. You might find the zucchini produces more juice as it sits.
Just reheat in the microwave for a fast reheat or cover in foil and place in the oven at 350 degrees for a slower reheat.
- 3 Large Zucchini's
- 16 oz mozzarella cheese
- 32 oz Ricotta Cheese
- 1 egg
- 45 oz Marinara Sauce
- 1 pound ground beef or sausage (I used hot sausage)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350
- On medium heat cook ground beef or bulk pork until crumbled and done.
- Add your marinara sauce. Set meat sauce aside
- Slice your zucchini's using a mandolin slicer lengthwise.
- Place all slices on a paper towel and sprinkle with salt.
- Let rest about 15 minutes.
- Dab tops of zucchini with a paper towel or clean cloth removing all excess water.
- In a large bowl mix together ricotta, egg, half the mozzarella 8 oz, and garlic powder
- Coat the bottom of a 9x13' pan with meat sauce.
- place a layer of zucchini on top of the meat sauce.
- Top with a layer of ricotta mixture.
- Top with more meat sauce
- Continue layering top with a layer of zucchini, meat sauce, and the rest of the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for one hour in the oven.
- Remove and let sit for 15-20 minutes to cool
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 412Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 941mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 31g