Learn how to make loaded baked potatoes in the air fryer. Get a restaurant quality baked potato at home!
My air fryer is my go to kitchen device for creating crispy skinned baked potatoes with a fluffy and tender inside. Pile on the toppings and dig in!
Loaded Baked Potatoes In The Air Fryer
Serve this loaded baked potato as a side dish or even a main dish. Pile on pulled pork, bacon, or even chili to make this recipe transform into a full meal.
What Are The Best Potatoes For Baked Potatoes
Personally I find Russets are a wonderful potato to use for baked potatoes. The skin crisps up nice when brushed with oil. And the russet potatoes offer a nice amount of starch so it helps to hold together and bake up nice and fluffy.
Toppings For Baked Potatoes
- Sour cream
- Green onions or diced onions
- Shredded cheese
- Pulled meat
- Ground beef like taco meat, chili, etc
- Vegetables like broccoli
A baked potato can truly be topped with any and every topping that sounds good to you. I love it piled with all the fixings.
You could even create a potato bar that you can allow people to dress their own baked potatoes how they would like.
Why Cook Potatoes in Air Fryer
Why not? Cooking your potatoes in the air fryer is so simple. They practically cook themselves! Plus it helps to crisp up the skins if you enjoy eating them.
You can toss potatoes in the air fryer to pair with your grilled dinner and don’t have to worry about the oven heating your home up!
How Long To Cook Baked Potatoes In The Air Fryer
This all depends on the size of potatoes you are using along with what brand of air fryer. All air fryers cook slightly differently, so your time can vary a bit. Anywhere from 30-50 minutes is a good timeline to work with.
If you have larger potatoes it will take longer. Smaller sized potatoes you might hit the 30 minute mark and be done.
Tips For Cooking Baked Potatoes
- Scrub the outside of your potato really well before cooking. Many times dirt and debris will be needed to be washed off.
- Poke a hole in the potato before cooking, or it can explode as it bakes up.
- Leave space between potatoes so air can circulate around the potatoes for proper cooking.
- Stick a fork into the potato and if it comes out easily you know the potato is done. You can also use an internal thermometer and look for 205 degrees.
So don’t wait! Whip up these easy air fryer baked potatoes today. Let me know how you like them and your favorite way to top a spud.
Love Air Fryer Recipes?
- How to make Bacon in the Air Fryer
- How to make Beer Can Burgers in the Air Fryer
- How to make Steak in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Calzones
- 4 large Russet Potatoes
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 slices chopped bacon
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Green Onions
- Place Air Fryer on 400 Degrees
- Wash each potato
- Poke holes with a fork in your potato
- Spray each potato with olive oil
- Place on rack in your air fryer
- Cook for 40 minutes for a large potato,
- Remove potato and split down the middle
- top with cheese and bacon
- Place back in the air fryer for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted
- Remove and top with butter, sour cream, and green onions.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 408Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 209mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 7gSugar: 3gProtein: 12g