St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner, and the traditional dish to serve up is corned beef. I created this Instant Pot Beer Braised Corned Beef & Cabbage with potatoes. This is a perfect dish to serve up this St. Patty’s Day to get your home in the spirit of the holiday or any time of year. Make some homemade dinner rolls to soak up the juice and you have a whole meal.
The beer will really add a ton of flavor to your corned beef, giving it that dark and rich flavor. If you use just water, it won’t be as flavorful in the end. The Instant Pot really helps give the corned beef a nice tender and juicy texture so each bite will just pull apart and melt in your mouth. I am not the hugest fan of corned beef and cabbage, but those who did eat this gave rave reviews. Plus this dish offers a stunning presentation to wow your family and friends. The instant pot helps cook this traditional dish a lot quicker and really marries the flavors giving you a dish cooked perfectly.
Adapting the Instant Pot Beer Braised Corned Beef & Cabbage with potatoes to the instant pot
If you are like many the Instant Pot is your go-to method for cooking. I use my instant pot many times during the week, and if a recipe doesn’t show the steps for an instant pot, I adapt it. I have found that it really infuses the flavors of the pickling spices and beer, and it comes out succulent and rich bold flavors.
Fun Facts About St. Patrick’s Day
- Since this is a traditional dish served for St. Patrick’s Day in Ireland, I thought it would be fun to add in some fun facts about the green-loving holiday!
- Saint Patrick was a saint of the Catholic Church, and the day of his death was March 17, 461 AD. That is why St. Patrick’s Day is still celebrated today, as the day he passed and entered heaven.
- There are around 34 million Irish people living in the US, that is more than the number of Irish people who live in Ireland.
- Experts say it is hard to find a 4-leaf-clover and they say 1 in 10,000 is the close estimate.
- Originally blue was the color associated with Saint Patrick not green.
- 1 Onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 pounds Corned Beef Brisket
- 2 pounds potatoes
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 Cabbage
- 16 oz Beer
- Place sliced onion in instant pot
- Place brisket on top of the onions
- Spread the seasoning packet over the top of your brisket
- Pour Beer into the instant pot
- Cook on Manual High Pressure for 90 minutes
- Do a Quick Release
- Remove Brisket and set aside
- Add Potatoes, Cabbage (cut up in large chunks), and carrots. Add right to the Juices from the Brisket.
- Place Pot back on Manual High Pressure for 9 minutes
- Do a Quick Release
- Remove Veggies and Serve with the corned Beef
- Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 512 Total Fat: 25g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 144mg Sodium: 87mg Carbohydrates: 24g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 2g Protein: 42g