Grab your Instant Duo and make this Instant Pot Duo Crisp Chicken Pot Pie for dinner tonight. The ultimate comfort food recipe for fall and winter months. Creamy chicken and veggies topped with a buttery and flaky pie crust and baked to golden perfection.
Cooking homemade chicken pot pie doesn’t have to be hard. With the new Instant Pot duo, you can cook this golden brown top in your device. With the Instant Pot you would have to cook the filling, transfer to pan and then cook in the oven. But with the duo it offers the air crisping lid so you can fully cook your pot pie! Genius idea, I tell you!
Instant Pot Duo Crisp Chicken Pot Pie
I was craving a chicken pot pie and this recipe hit the spot! I cooked and my husband did the dishes and thanked me again for an incredible meal. It was such a win in our home.
What Veggies Are In Instant Pot Duo Crisp Chicken Pot Pie
This is totally up to you. You could reach for a bag of frozen mixed veggies to stir in, or chop up some fresh carrots, peas, and such and mix in. You are in control, so if you don’t like a vegetable leave it out.
What Is Instant Pot Duo Crisp Chicken Pot Pie Crust Made From
I used a pie crust to top the filling in this recipe. You can use a store-bought crust you roll out and cut and shape, or make a homemade pie crust. Either way, it is up to you. I find store-bought you roll out works fantastic for a recipe and helps shave off time spent in the kitchen.
What Makes A Good Chicken Pot Pie
- Having good meat to vegetable ratio
- Creamy and thicker style broth to coat veggies and meat
- Tender and golden brown crust
That is what I think helps set this recipe apart from other recipes. I tried hard to create the perfect pot pie recipe.
Can You Freeze Chicken Pot Pie
Of course. This recipe does freeze well. You can assemble and freeze before you cook, or cook and freeze leftovers. Either method will work in the freezing process. Just store in an airtight container or sealable bag and then freeze for up to three months.
What Sides Go With Chicken Pot Pie
- Salad | Chopped, Caesar, Tossed, etc.
- Veggies | Steam, roasted, maybe some Instant pot Broccoli, however, works as a side to pair next to your pot pie.
- Fruit Salad | Add a light fruit salad or bowl of fruit next to your pot pie.
- Dinner Rolls | Do a homemade dinner roll to dip in and soak up the creamy base of the pie.
How Do I Thicken My Pot Pie Filling
If you feel you want a creamier base you can easily thicken it. Just take a tablespoon of cornstarch mixed with 1/8 cup cold water. Make a slurry and stir into the hot filling and saute for 2-3 minutes. As that mixture is hot it will begin to thicken. Repeat till you get the thickness you desire.
If you are looking for an easy but savory weeknight meal, you have to try my chicken pot pie. I think you will truly love the flavors, ease of the recipe, and a great way for kids to enjoy veggies.
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast cubed
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tbs thyme
- 1 tbs pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 12 oz bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 4 large Potatoes cubed into 1" pieces
- 10 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Pie Crust
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs water
- Place on Saute, cube chicken into 1" pieces.
- Add olive oil and chicken
- Cook until chicken is white about 5 minutes
- Add seasonings.
- Add chicken broth
- Add all veggies
- Add Cream of Chicken Soup to top
- Do not stir
- Place Pressure cooker lid on.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 10 minutes
- Do a Quick Release
- Place back on Saute
- Add Heavy Cream and continue cooking 2-3 minutes or until thick
- Lay Pie Crust over the top
- Use Your Air Fryer Lid and cook on Air Crisp
- 400 degrees for 10 minutes
- Remove air crisp lid and serve.
This can also be done in the Ninja Foodi
You can also do this in the instant pot and remove and place in a baking pan with the pie crust
Bake for 20 minutes on 375 in the oven
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 538 Total Fat: 25g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 109mg Sodium: 544mg Carbohydrates: 53g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 5g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 27g