I am a huge fan of comfort food like chicken pot pie, and Mashed Potatoes, but frankly, I don’t make it that often because it is such a process. I pulled out my Instant Pot and got to work on creating this Instant Pot Chicken PotPie Casserole that gives you the same flavor as a traditional pot pie, but without the pie crust, all the work, and less time cooking it.
Having an instant pot casserole recipe like this one, that can be whipped up in minutes versus hours to the traditional pot pie is a huge win for our household. I love having home-cooked meals for my family, but I don’t always have the time.
Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
You can make this instant pot Chicken Casserole Recipe any time of year, and never have to worry about it heating up your home. It is super fast to make, and the egg noodles give a perfect spin on a traditional casserole dish. I highly recommend it, we love to have it year-round because it is that good. Plus, it is super filling and heats up beautifully for next-day leftovers.
Can I Use Frozen Vegetables In Instant Pot Recipes?
I use frozen veggies so there is no prep work of cutting them up, and they cook to the perfect consistency. Then pair with chunks of chicken, egg noodles, and a creamy sauce that brings the dish to a finish. Making Chicken Pot Pie in the middle of the summer without heating up your house sounds insane.
Is There Canned Soup in Chicken Potpie Casserole
No. I do not use any canned soups for this recipe. Using a Pressure Cooker Or an Instant Pot there is many Easy Instant Pot Chicken Breast Dishes you can make like General Tso’s Chicken or Instant Pot chicken Carbonara. Instant Pot Chicken Dishes can be made with frozen chicken or thawed with no time change.
Can I Use Pre-Cooked Chicken For This Instant Pot Casserole
Absolutely! Pre-cooked and shredded, or you could even make it an even faster recipe and buy a rotisserie chicken! Plus the rotisserie chicken will add a bit more flavor to the dish if it has any seasonings on it. I know some people love using up any leftover chicken they bought for a meal this way.
So use frozen chicken that you batch cooked or rotisserie chicken. Both work great and it saves you one extra step in the process of making this casserole.
Is Instant Pot Chicken PotPie Casserole A Good Freezer Meal
Yes! If you are looking for a good Instant Pot freezer meal, try this one! I share how to make this dish into a freezer meal and how to cook it from frozen. That way you have all the steps you need to know, for creating a fantastic weeknight meal that was simple to make.
Can I Change Up The Vegetables In This Instant Pot Chicken PotPie Casserole Recipe
Of course! Reach for your favorite veggies and toss them in. If you are not a fan of carrots, go ahead and leave them out. I love the mixed vegetable variety, but it is not a have to have.
Make this dish work for you and what your family and friends like.
What To Serve With Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
- Biscuits or Dinner Rolls | Whip up a batch of biscuits or even dinner rolls to slather up all the creamy goodness that is left on the plate.
- Salad | Transform the dish to become a bit lighter and use a salad as a side dish. Whether you do a chopped salad or a basic side salad, it will add texture and taste to your recipe.
- Vegetables | I know this recipe is loaded with veggies, but you could also pair with a side of roasted vegetables. We love veggies in our home, so it is always an option.
- NO Knead Instant Pot Bread
How Long Will Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Casserole Last In Fridge
You can expect your pot pie casserole to store in the fridge for 3-4 days. Anything after that I recommend using your best judgment. This is a great recipe to meal prep for a few days out of the week.
Place them in single-serve containers and then reheat and enjoy.
Give this tried and true Instant Pot Freezer Meal a try. It is a perfect comfort dish recipe that you will love to make over and over again.
- 1 pound cubed chicken
- 16 oz bag frozen mixed veggies
- 16 oz egg noodles
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian Seasonings
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Place your pot on saute, Add chicken, spices, and olive oil.
- Saute about 2-3 minutes until the outside of the chicken is white.
- Add Egg noodles, broth, and veggies.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Do a quick release. Stir in heavy cream.
- Place pot back on saute.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until thickens. Serve.
How To Freeze Chicken Pot Pie Casserole for a Freezer Meal:
- In a Gallon size freezer bag
- Place bag of mixed veggies
- raw chicken breast chopped in 1" pieces
- 1 tsp garlic powder,1 tsp onion powder,1 tsp salt,1 tsp pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth.
- Freeze for up to 3-6 months
How To Cook Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Casserole from Frozen:
- Place contents of the package in the instant pot
- Cook on Manual High Pressure for 15 minutes.
- Do a quick release
- Add Egg noodles
- Cook on manual high pressure for 4 minutes
- Do a quick release and add cream and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 503Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 151mgSodium: 1129mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 26g