Bacon Cheddar Ranch Pinwheels are a quick and easy appetizer to whip up for game day snacking, holidays, and more. A crescent roll, ranch dressing, bacon and cheese create this savory pinwheel recipe.
Bacon Cheddar Ranch Pinwheels
This is a super affordable and quick recipe you can whip up in minutes. It will get your home smelling so delicious that when your guests walk in they will be excited to nibble on these bacon pinwheels.
How to Make
Step 1: Start by rolling out your crescent roll dough and flattening it out to make sure to get rid of the cut creases.
Step 2: Now you will spread the ranch dressing in the center of the pinwheels not going quite to the edge. Then sprinkle with cooked bacon crumbles and the cheddar cheese. Now roll up the mixture working from one end to the other.
Step 3: Slice into a pinwheel shape and place each on your greased baking sheet. Then bake as directed in the recipe card printed below.
How to Know When Pinwheels Are Done
You will know when these pinwheels are done because they will turn golden brown on the top. The dough will also firm up and become soft and fluffy. You can check by sticking a toothpick in the crescent roll dough and if it comes out with no dough the rolls are done.
Ways to Serve Up These Bacon Cheddar Pinwheels
All you have to do is remove them from the oven, allow to cool for a couple of minutes and then place on a platter. Serve with a dipping sauce like ranch or even bbq and serve up!
You might even like eating these plain with no sauce at all. They are a great party food or filler food when you are entertaining.
Variations To Recipe
- Swap out the bacon for diced ham or even pepperoni
- Use sharp or even pepper jack cheese or go for a milder flavor like mozzarella
- You can replace the ranch with cream cheese if you want a creamier texture
As you can see you have options to change up the recipe. I love how I made them but feel free to change it to whatever you prefer, or do a mix of things.
Can I Double This Recipe
You are more than welcome to make as many or as few of these pinwheels as you would like. Just batch cook them in the oven if you don’t have room to bake them all at once.
Then serve them up as they are fresh out of the oven.
If you have leftovers just allow to cool and then store in the fridge for up to three days. Eat cold or you can warm up in the oven or microwave for a fresh out of the oven flavor.
- 2 cans, 8 oz each Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup cooked real bacon pieces or 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
- 1 cup finely shredded Cheddar cheese, 4 oz
- Heat oven to 350°F. Unroll dough and separate each can into 2 long rectangles; press each into 12×4-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal.
- Spread dressing over each rectangle to edges. Sprinkle each with bacon, and cheese..
- Starting with 1 short side, roll up each rectangle; press edge to seal. With serrated knife, cut each roll into 8 slices, making 32 slices total.
- Place slices cut side down on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 12 to 17 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 95Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 201mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g