Get all the flavors of your favorite Italian Sub in a crescent ring. This Italian Sub Crescent Ring is loaded with so much flavor, and it bakes up in about 30 minutes!
Italian Sub Crescent Ring
This Italian Sub ring is perfect for holiday entertaining, easy appetizer, or even a lunch or dinner option.
Pair with some salty chips, pickles, or even potato salad or cucumber salad.
Is It Hard to Make A Crescent Ring
Making your crescent ring is so easy to make. Just lay out your crescent rolls, and then layer on the filling. Once you have it all stacked, then wrap up and bake.
This sandwich ring is awesome for parties, holidays, or even a fun and tasty lunch idea.
Can You Save Uncooked Crescent Rolls
If you don’t want make a larger ring, feel free to bake up the crescent rolls alone and then you can freeze them. They will go great with any dinner you make later.
If you don’t want to make the crescents into rolls, you can place the raw crescent dough in a container or sealable bag and save for a day. Then you can make another Italian ring later on.
How Do You Make A Crescent Roll Sandwich
Step 1: You start by laying out your crescent roll dough in the form of a ring. Leave a hole in the center, so that you can create a circle in the center of the dough.
Step 2: Now you will add on your meats, cheese, and even banana peppers or other Italian crescent ring fillings you want. Get it all layered on nicely.
Step 3: Once you are done, you want your dough to be secure. You will begin tucking dough under the bottom so that as it bakes it stays in a ring shape.
Step 4: Bake as directed in the recipe card below. The top will become golden brown, and then you can begin cutting into serving slices and serving once done. Top with melted butter and romano cheese if you wish.
Do You Dip Italian Subs
Having a sauce is totally up to you. Whether you want to serve with an Italian salad dressing, horseradish sauce, ranch, etc.
Or just sprinkle with black pepper and salt and dive in without any dips. It is totally up to you how you serve it up.
- Summer Side Dishes | You might find a few new favorites in this list.
- Chips | You might find just plain chips fits perfectly as the side. Even a salt and vinegar chip would go awesome with it.
- Potato Salad | Here is a great potato salad recipe that takes just 6 minutes to cook up in the Instant Pot.
- Zucchini Curly Fries | Here is another great one, these are zucchini that are spiralized and made into curly fries. Battered and air fried to a crunchy texture.
- Country Cucumbers | Here is an easy cucumber and onion salad that is sweet and savory.
Can I Double This Recipe
If you want to double this recipe go ahead and make two rings or one gigantic one. Just make sure you have a large enough pan, and adjust the baking time if needed.
If you make two, and your oven is a bit small just make one, serve, and toss the other one in to cook next. You will find if it goes too low on the racks it can burn the bottom of the crescent rolls.
Let me know what you think of this Italian sub crescent ring!
- 6 slices ham off the bone
- 6 slices hard salami
- 12 slices provolone
- 6 roasted pepper slices
- 2 packages crescent dough
- Optional 1 tbs melted butter
- optional Romano cheese
- Pre Heat oven to 350
- Lay your crescent rolls out on a baking sheet as photographed above
- spread a layer of cheese
- next a layer of ham and salami
- Now a layer of roasted peppers
- top with another layer of provolone cheese
- Fold Crescent roll over the top of the layers
- bake for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown
- remove from oven and spread melted butter and romano over the top this is optional.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 297Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 1079mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 25g