Baked spaghetti with garlic bread is one of my favorite pasta recipes to make. Ground beef filling, homemade pasta sauce, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, all mixed in and baked till golden brown on the top.
Cheesy baked spaghetti is kid-friendly and so easy to throw together. Add on the garlic bread rolls around the edge, and this baked spaghetti casserole becomes a meal in one!
How to Make Baked Spaghetti
Step 1: Start by cooking up your ground beef, sausage, and add in jarred spaghetti sauce or make your own homemade sauce. Cook your pasta as directed on the box.
Step 2: Whip up the cheese mixture and stir with your cooked pasta. As well as the sauce, coat well and pour into your cast iron skillet.
Step 3: Top with your dough around the edge and coat with garlic butter, and sprinkle extra cheese on top of the spaghetti portion. Bake in the oven as directed in the printable recipe card below.
Do I Have To Add Garlic Bread Around The Edge Of This Baked Spaghetti Recipe
Feel free to leave off the garlic bread if you do not care for garlic bread. I personally love using the bread to slather up the extra cheese and sauce on the plate.
If you leave the rolls off just cover the entire Million Dollar Spaghetti with the mozzarella cheese. Cook until the cheese is melted and golden brown on top. If you don’t cover in shredded cheese it could over cook spaghetti noodles and make them dry.
What If I Don’t Like Ricotta Cheese
If you are not a fan of ricotta cheese you can swap with cottage cheese. I know some say this is against the rules in the pasta world, and some swear by it. Feel free to swap if you would prefer.
Variations To Recipe
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes for a nice spice
- Skip the tomato sauce mixture and use jarred pasta sauce
- Add in a little bit of softened cream cheese for even more creaminess to the spaghetti mixture
- Top with parsley or even basil
There are so many ways you can change up this recipe to fit what you are wanting.
What If I Don’t Own A Cast Iron Skillet
If you don’t own a cast-iron skillet reach for a baking dish. An 8×8 pan will work just as good. I love cooking in my cast iron but it is not something you have to have for this recipe.
Still Craving More Dinner Ideas
For the Sauce (Or used Jarred sauce 24 oz)
- 1 Pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 Pound spaghetti cooked according to package directions
- 16 oz whole milk ricotta cheese
- 16 oz mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 Egg
- 1 package of store bought pizza dough
- 2 tbs melted butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease your cast-iron skillet ( i used butter)
- Cook ground beef and ground sausage until no longer pink and crumbled
- Add jarred sauce or make homemade
- for homemade add crushed tomatoes, wine, and seasonings
- cook on low for 1/2 hour.
- Mix together ricotta cheese, egg, and half the mozzarella cheese
- Mix cheese mixture, and meat sauce with your cooked Spaghetti
- Reserve about 1 cup of your sauce for the top.
- Roll dough into 1' circles
- Place around edges of your cast iron pan
- Add Spaghetti to the center of the pan.
- Top spaghetti with more sauce and leftover mozzarella cheese
- Bake Spaghetti at 350 for 30 minutes
- Remove and brush rolls with melted butter and garlic
- Place back in the oven for about 5 minutes.
- Remove and serve.
I used a 10" Lodge Skillet if you want you can use a 12" but you will need 2 packages of pizza dough
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 601Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 152mgSodium: 822mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 37g