The Best Crockpot Lasagna Recipe
Crockpot Lasagna is layers of meat sauce, ricotta mixture, lasagna noodles and cheese. One of my all time favorite crockpot pasta recipes.
Check out my pasta Fagioli, cast iron Mac and cheese, or cheesy taco pasta.
I made a big batch of my homemade pasta sauce so I whipped up this slow cooker lasagna for my family. I did add meat to my sauce but you can always do a meatless lasagna if you would like.
How to Make Crock Pot Lasagna
Full instructions and measurements are in the printable recipe card below.
Step 1: Start by cooking your meat until no longer pink. Then work on your sauce. Make homemade or pour in your favorite jar sauce.
Step 2: Cook up your pasta noodles as directed on the back of your box. Drain pasta when done and allow to cool so you can work with it.
Step 3: Now you will assemble your lasagna in your crockpot. Do a thin layer of pasta sauce, then pasta, cheese mixture, sauce, mozzarella, and repeat layers.
Step 4: Once you completed assembly, cook as directed! When done slice and serve up an incredible lasagna!
Do I Have To Cook The Lasagna Noodles First
I know it adds to the prep but yes, the noodles need to be cooked first. I find that if you don’t cook the noodles first and add extra liquid it can become a bit too runny in the texture.
So while you are cooking the meat, get a pot going and boil up the noodles.
Can I Substitute Cottage Cheese For Ricotta
If you do not like ricotta or do not have it on hand, go right ahead and swap for a cottage cheese. You will get a slightly different flavor but it will give you a similar texture.
We prefer ricotta in our home as we enjoy the flavor and creaminess of the ricotta.
Storing Leftover Crockpot Lasagna with Ricotta
Lasagna is great for saving for leftovers. All you have to do is remove from the slow cooker and place in an airtight container. Store in the fridge for up to three days.
Or if you need you can freeze. Just place in the proper freezer container and freeze for up to three months. Thaw in the fridge then reheat in microwave, or cover with aluminum foil and heat straight from the freezer.
This is great for meal prep for a meal down the line or even a quick lunch for work. You can place leftovers in single-serve containers or even one large pan to go straight in the oven.
Want More Dinner Ideas
- 10 Frugal Instant Pot Dinners | If you want affordable and easy meals, check out these 10 meals. All are tasty, filling, and won’t break the piggy bank.
- Slow Cooker Potato Soup | Simple to prep, easy to cook, and so hearty and filling. Such a quick and easy potato soup recipe you have to try!
- Olive Garden Lasagna Fritta Air Fryer | Get that deep-fried lasagna texture that is stuffed with savory cheese in every bite. This is made in the air fryer.
- Million Dollar Chicken | A quick and easy baked chicken recipe that is so flavorful, juicy, and a great dish for the whole family.
THE BEST CROCKPOT LASAGNA RECIPE
Crockpot Lasagna is layers of meat sauce, ricotta mixture, lasagna noodles, and cheese. One of my all-time favorite crockpot pasta recipes.
- 32 oz whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbs fresh parsley ( or dried)
Homemade Meat Sauce (or add meat to your jarred sauce)
- 2 (28 oz) Cans Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 (28 oz) Can diced tomatoes
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage ( I use hot)
- 1 Pound ground Beef
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1 cup red dry wine
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- Or Jarred Sauce 48oz
- 1 Pound Cooked Lasagna Pasta
- 16 oz Mozzarella Cheese ( Shredded)
- Prepare Meat Sauce.
- You can use Jarred sauce if you wish. If you want to do jarred sauce simply cook your ground beef and sausage until brown and crumbled. Add in your jarred sauce 48oz.
- If you are making homemade Sauce. Brown your meat until brown and crumbles. Add garlic, crushed tomatoes, and diced Tomatoes. Add red wine and all spices. Bring to a low boil then reduce heat and cook on low for about 1 hour.
- Cook pasta according to box instructions.
- In a large bowl mix together ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, parsley, and Eggs.
- Begin layering your lasagna in your crockpot.
- The first layer is meat sauce.
- Next a layer of lasagna noodles
- Next a layer of cheese mixture.
- now a layer of meat sauce,
- Repeat layers with the very top layer being meat sauce.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- When you have 1 hour left add mozzarella to the top.
If you prefer to use the No-Boil pasta that is fine also with the same cooking time. I don't like to use non cooked pasta in mine it makes the lasagna watery. I prefer to cook my pasta ahead of time.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 751Total Fat: 48gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 197mgSodium: 1686mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 4gSugar: 10gProtein: 49g
Can I cut this in half? And if so, how does that affect cooking time?
Same cooking time
If I don’t have enough ricotta can I add cottage cheese?
How many servings does this make?
How long can I bake it for in the oven?