Blue Cheese Butter is a compound butter made with garlic, blue cheese, and herbs that is perfect for steaks, veggies, or even just spreading on bread. It will give any dish an extraordinary flavor.
Any recipe with garlic and butter grabs my attention add in the blue cheese and fresh herbs, and it makes my mouth water. This compound butter recipe is so delicious when melted and topped on Filet Mignon or any steaks.
Ingredients for Compound Butter for Steak
- Salted Butter, Room Temperature
- Blue Cheese, Crumbled
- Fresh Parsley, Finely Chopped,
- Green Onion, Sliced
- Garlic Clove, Minced
Step by Step Directions for Blue Cheese Butter
Add softened butter, blue cheese, parsley, green onion, and garlic to a medium-sized bowl.
Mix using a handheld electric mixer. Making a nice butter mixture.
Transfer the blue cheese butter mixture to wax paper or parchment paper.
Form into a log.
Place log shape butter in the fridge for at least 5 minutes.
Remove from fridge and slice.
Tips and Tricks for compound butter
- Mix in a mixer or blender.
- Use high-quality butter or homemade butter for best results.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before using.
Frequently Asked Questions about compound butter
Store in the fridge for up to 7 days in an air-tight container.
Yes, you can freeze butter in an air-tight container or plastic wrap for up to 6 months. See How to Freeze Butter for more tips.
Use a quality butter like Kerrygold with a high-fat content to give you the best flavor.
Yes, you can use herbs of your choice for compound butter. I would use fresh herbs for a better flavor.
What goes with Blue Cheese Butter?
- Steak goes perfect with this butter. Try out my Filet Mignon recipe.
- Corn on the Cob is also top with compound butter.
- Garlic and Rosemary Mashed Potatoes
- Grilled Veggies.
- 8oz Salted Butter, Room Temperature
- 4oz Blue Cheese, Crumbled
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley, Chopped,
- 1 Tbsp Green Onion, Sliced
- 1 Garlic Clove, Minced
- Add butter, blue cheese, parsley, green onion, and garlic to a medium-sized bowl. Mix using a handheld electric mixer.
- Transfer the blue cheese butter mixture to wax paper and tightly roll; place in the refrigerator for at least 5 minutes.
- Cut the blue cheese butter roll into ½-inch slices. Set aside until ready to use.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 230mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 2g