Serve up this easy and cheap slow cooker potato soup. A frozen hash brown potato soup that you cook right in your crockpot. When you want something easy to whip up try this creamy potato soup and let me know what you think.
Slow Cooker Potato Soup
Slow cooker potato soup is a cheap and easy dinner to toss together in minutes. Turn your slow cooker on and let it cook away.
Sometimes I don’t want to prep russet potatoes and peel them, so having my hashbrown slow cooker potato soup recipe I can get the same flavor in a fraction of the time to prep a classic soup.
What Type Of Potatoes Do You Use
When making potato soup in the crockpot you can use cubed potatoes or hash browns! There is no peeling, dicing, and prepping. Just open the bag of frozen potatoes and dump right into the slow cooker.
I made this into a loaded potato soup where I piled shredded cheese on top, cooked bacon, green onions, etc.
What to Top Soup With
- Cheddar cheese
- Green onions
- Bacon crumbles
- Splash of Hot Sauce
- Sprinkle of Cajun Seasoning
This slow cooker soup is versatile so feel free to add on any or all the toppings you want. I even love adding on saltine crackers or oyster crackers for a nice crunch.
Is This Similar To A Loaded Baked Potato Soup
If you have seen the loaded baked potato soups, you will find this recipe is similar in ingredients. But, leaving out fresh potatoes saves so much time.
While they are not exactly the same, it is pretty close to the same flavor.
Can I Make This A Vegetarian Crockpot Potato Soup
Instead of chicken stock, you can reach for vegetable stock. Use that to replace and leave the bacon out. Then you will have a vegetarian recipe that you can serve up!
Looking for More Easy Soups
- Ham and bean soup | A great hearty soup that is loaded with white beans and tender ham in every bite.
- Creamy tomato soup | Skip the canned and make a homemade tomato soup that is perfect to pair with grilled cheese or a drizzle of sour cream on top.
- Crock Pot buffalo chicken soup | Kick up the heat with this buffalo chicken soup recipe. Tons of flavor, creamy, and a great recipe for a crowd.
Storing Leftover Soup
If you have soup leftover place it in an airtight container or even a sealable bag. Store in the fridge. Leave off the toppings until you have reheated in the microwave, slow cooker, or even the stovetop.
I have found that due to the dairy this recipe does not freeze and thaw the best. It can be done but you will find that the texture of the soup changes and can curdle and the potatoes break down quite a bit.
- 32 oz bag diced potatoes or tator tots
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 6 slices Cooked bacon or real bacon bits
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Pour diced potatoes into crockpot
- Add chicken broth
- Top with seasonings garlic powder and onion powder
- Add Cream cheese and bacon
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours
Top with cheddar cheese, more bacon, and green onions.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 186Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 515mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g