This easy tater tot casserole recipe is one of the best ones around as it combines simple ingredients for a quick and easy meal to whip up in no time at all.
If you are looking for the ultimate comfort dish for dinner tonight, then look no further than tater tot casserole. This dish is so easy to throw together and is always a huge hit with everyone who eats it as it combines ground beef, cream of mushroom soup, vegetables, topped with frozen tater tots and cheese. What is not to love about this simple dish?
And the best thing about it? You can easily make it the morning you are going to serve it or you can freeze it to serve later!
How to Make Tater Tot Casserole
- cook ground beef until brown and crumbled
- add veggies and cream soup
- stir and add cheese to top
- add tater tots to the top
Tips Tricks and FAQs
- Be creative! This casserole is made with lean ground beef, but you can easily substitute it for another ground meat as well. Try using ground pork or chicken for another awesome spin on this recipe.
- Be sure to season every layer with a little bit of salt and pepper. This will help elevate the flavors of each ingredient.
- Cheese or no cheese on top? Tater tot casserole is served with and without cheese. This recipe calls for cheese, but it can easily be omitted on the top.
- Be sure to cook the recipe at the correct temperature. I know it is tempting to speed up the cooking time, but you really want those layers melding together, and cooking at a lower temperature helps this process happen better.
What sides go with tater tot casserole?
Tater tot casserole is a one-dish wonder. Since it is loaded with proteins, vegetables, and potatoes, you can serve it all by itself and everyone will be happy!
If you want to add another side you can easily serve it with an additional vegetable or a salad.
If you have leftover tater tot casserole you will want to store it in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
If you are planning on freezing this easy tater tot casserole you will want to freeze it prior to baking. Just follow the recipe all the way until the point of baking.
Then let it cool, wrap in plastic wrap and then with foil and place in the freezer.
When you are ready to enjoy remove from the freezer the night before and place in the fridge. Bake as normal. This will last in the freezer for up to 3 months.
For more delicious casseroles, try these!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 10 Oz can cream mushroom soup
- 10 oz bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 32 oz bag frozen tater tots
- 16 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cook ground beef until brown and crumbled
- add seasonings garlic powder and onion powder
- drain grease
- Add cream soup and frozen vegetables
- Mix well
- Top with cheddar cheese
- Place tater tots on top of the mixture
- bake on 350 for 40 minutes
- Remove and top with a little more cheese
- place back in the oven until cheese melts about 3-4 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 654Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 1205mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 32g