Want to know how to cook long grain rice in Instant Pot easily? No more mushy, burnt, or undercooked rice here. Learn how to cook rice in an Instant Pot the right way, so you end up with success each and every time. Instant Pot Rice is easy to do, great as a side or transforms the rice into a dish for dinner. However you prefer, you will enjoy my how-to guide for instant pot rice.
We love rice in our home, I also love my Instant Pot more than ever. I tossed out my rice cooker years ago and put my Instant Pot in its place. I haven’t looked back, and my rice is tasting better than ever. If you need help mastering long grain rice in the Instant Pot, let me help to guide you with tips and tricks.
How to Cook Long Grain Rice in Instant Pot
Rice can be tricky, and depending on the make and model of your Instant Pot you might experience issues here and there. But if these questions can help answer what is going on, you might be winning in the rice department soon. Let me teach you how to cook rice in Instant Pot!
Instant Pot Rice Recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken and Wild Rice
- Panera’s CopyCat Instant Pot Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- Instant Pot Cracked up Chicken and Broccoli Rice Casserole
- Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Soup
- Easy Instant Pot Basmati Rice
Does An Instant Pot Replace A Rice Cooker
It sure did in our family! I am able to cook rice even faster than I could in my rice cooker, and it turns out light, fluffy, and tasty each and every time. If you are short on counter space, you might too consider tossing your rice cooker and using your Instant Pot to replace it.
Why Did My Rice Not Turnout Well
There could be many reasons why your rice didn’t turn out. Let me share the most common reasons why rice doesn’t turn out well, to help you troubleshoot the issue.
- Mushy or Sticky | If you find rice ends up really mushy or offers a sticky texture, that means there was too much water added to the amount of rice you are cooking.
- Watery | If your timer goes off and you find water still in your pot, that means the rice needs to cook longer, and you didn’t give it long enough to fully cook your rice. You can opt to close the lid and add more time to your recipe to see if it can finish cooking it.
- Hard or Burned | This happens if you overcook your rice or don’t add in enough water. Either option can leave you with really hard or burned rice.
Should I Rinse My Rice Before Putting In Instant Pot
Yes. I always no matter what method I use for making rice, rinse my rice first. You will find you get milky water after you rinse your rice. Rinsing your rice helps remove extra starches, and will help prevent you from getting a mushy or sticky end result.
Do I Have To Use Natural Release Of The Pressure When Cooking Rice
No, When Cooking Rice you use the Low-Pressure setting so you do not need to do a natural release.
Pro Tip For Making Instant Pot Rice
One last thing I want to leave you with is adding chicken, beef or even vegetable broth in replace of water can add so much flavor to your rice. Depending on your recipe might depend if you want to use broth in replace of water.
Can I freeze Rice?
Yes, you can Freeze Rice. I doubled my batch of rice and froze it all in zip lock baggies for use with other meals. It lasts in the freezer for up to 6 months. Defrost by running under warm water or in the microwave for 3 minutes.
- 1 Cup Long Grain Rice
- 1 Cup Water
- Pour Rice into the instant pot
- Select Low Pressure or Rice Button
- Cook for 12 minutes on low pressure
- Do a quick release
You can double or even triple this recipe
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 51 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 3mg Carbohydrates: 11g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 1g