Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken is a satisfying and easy air fryer chicken recipe! Juicy chicken that is coated in Parmesan mix and then air fried to make the perfect crispy crust with a tender and juicy chicken.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Chicken
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast or chicken thighs
- Parmesan Cheese
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- Garlic Powder
- Hellmann’s mayonnaise make sure to use real mayonnaise, not miracle whip
- Olive Oil or Cooking Spray
Step by Step Directions for Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken
I used half Panko bread crumbs and half Parmesan for this crushed chicken recipe. It adds the perfect crunchy coating to the chicken.
Mix together Panko bread crumbs, Parmesan Cheese, and Garlic.
Cut Chicken Breast in half and add salt and pepper. Coat chicken with mayonnaise.
Place chicken in the bread crumb mixture and make sure to coat well by pressing down.
Turn the chicken over to coat both sides of the chicken.
Place in a single layer in the air fryer basket and spray with cooking spray or olive oil.
Flip Chicken Over and continue cooking until chicken reaches 165 degrees.
Tips and Tricks for Air Fryer Chicken
- Space | Make sure you leave space between each piece of chicken. If you Chicken overlaps and touches, it will not cook evenly, and you will have undercooked or soggy spots.
- Even Coating | Do your best to coat the chicken evenly. You don’t want it built up too much as it can take longer to cook in that area. You also don’t want it too thin, or it can dry out the chicken.
- Cooking Spray make sure to spray the chicken with a cooking spray or olive oil to make a crispier chicken.
- Watch Cook Time | Depending on the thickness of your chicken will affect the cooking time. If you use chicken breasts, it will have a longer cook time. Where tenderloins will cook so much faster. So use my timing as a rough guide and check the internal temperature to ensure it is at least 165 degrees.
Frequently Asked Questions for Air Fryer Chicken
If you want to use bone-in chicken, you will need to add more time to cooking. Since the bone is in the chicken, I suggest internally checking to ensure it is safe to serve. You can also see my Southern Fried Chicken Recipe in the Air Fryer.
If you have leftovers, you can easily store them in an airtight container in your fridge. The chicken will store for up to three days.
It is best when fresh, as the crust has a nice crunchy flavor. You will want to reheat in a microwave, oven, or air fryer.
Place leftover chicken in an airtight container or freezer bag. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Thaw in the fridge to reheat in the microwave or cover and place in the oven to reheat. Either method works, I find the oven offers the best texture for breaded items when it comes to reheating.
For boneless chicken breast about 1″ thick I cooked for 15 minutes. If your chicken is thicker you will need to cook longer or until the internal temp reaches 165 degrees.
Yes, follow the same directions but preheat oven to 350 and bake for 30 minutes or until temp reaches 165.
What To Serve With Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Steamed, roasted, or air-fried veggies
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Macaroni and cheese
- Pasta salad
- Cucumber salad
- mashed potatoes
The list could go on and on. This chicken crusted recipe is very versatile! Pair with any of your favorite sides, and enjoy!
Craving more air fryer recipes
- Air Fryer Red Lobster Copycat Coconut Shrimp
- Texas Roadhouse Air Fryer Pickles
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Balls
- How to make Steak in the air Fryer
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
If you got an air fryer of any kind for the holidays or a treat for yourself, you will love this recipe. Simple steps, easy ingredients, and a fantastic chicken recipe.
- 2 Large Chicken breasts
- 1 cup Parmesan shredded
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- Split chicken breasts in half.
- Pound each piece with a meat hammer. ( so they are even )
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Spread Mayo on both sides of each piece of chicken.
- Mix panko, parmesan, and garlic powder( for keto, skip the panko)
- Coat each piece of chicken in the panko/parmesan mixture.
- Preheat the air fryer to 390.
- In a single layer, place in the air fryer.
- Cook for 15 minutes, turning once after 10 minutes.
To make this keto increase the parmesan and skip the bread crumbs. You will not need any cooking spray the mayo helps give the chicken a crispy crust
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 663Total Fat: 50gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 38gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 930mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 30g