Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken is a satisfying and easy air fryer chicken recipe! Juicy chicken that is coated in Parmesan mix and then air fried to make the perfect crispy crust with a tender and juicy chicken.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Chicken
Just a few ingredients
Step by Step Directions for Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Mix together Panko bread crumbs, Parmesan Cheese, and Garlic.
- Cut Chicken Breast in half and add salt and pepper.
- Coat both sides of the chicken with mayonnaise.
- Place chicken in the breadcrumb mixture and make sure to coat well by pressing down
- Turn the chicken over to coat both sides of the chicken
- Place a single layer in the air fryer basket and spray with cooking spray or olive oil.
- Flip the Chicken Over and continue cooking until the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
Note: I used half Panko bread crumbs and half Parmesan for this crushed chicken recipe. It adds the perfect crunchy coating to the chicken.
Tips and Tricks for Air Fryer Chicken
- Space | Make sure you leave space between each piece of chicken. If you Chicken overlaps and touches, it will not cook evenly, and you will have undercooked or soggy spots.
- Even Coating | Do your best to coat the chicken evenly. You don’t want it built up too much as it can take longer to cook in that area. You also don’t want it too thin, or it can dry out the chicken.
- Cooking Spray make sure to spray the chicken with a cooking spray or olive oil to make a crispier chicken.
- Watch Cook Time | Depending on the thickness of your chicken will affect the cooking time. If you use chicken breasts, it will have a longer cook time. Where tenderloins will cook so much faster. So use my timing as a rough guide and check the internal temperature to ensure it is at least 165 degrees.
FAQs For Air Fryer Chicken
Side Dish that goes with Parmesan Crusted Chicken
The list could go on and on. This chicken-crusted recipe is very versatile! Pair with any of your favorite sides, and enjoy!
Craving more air fryer recipes
- Air Fryer Red Lobster Copycat Coconut Shrimp
- Texas Roadhouse Air Fryer Pickles
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Balls
- How to make Steak in the air Fryer
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
If you got an air fryer of any kind for the holidays or a treat for yourself, you will love this recipe. Simple steps, easy ingredients, and a fantastic chicken recipe.
- 2 Large Chicken breasts
- 1 cup Parmesan shredded
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- Split chicken breasts in half.
- Pound each piece with a meat hammer. ( so they are even )
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Spread Mayo on both sides of each piece of chicken.
- Mix panko, parmesan, and garlic powder( for keto, skip the panko)
- Coat each piece of chicken in the panko/parmesan mixture.
- Preheat the air fryer to 390.
- In a single layer, place it in the air fryer.
- Cook for 15 minutes, turning once after 10 minutes.
To make this keto increase the parmesan and skip the bread crumbs. You will not need any cooking spray the mayo helps give the chicken a crispy crust
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 663Total Fat: 50gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 38gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 930mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 30g
What readers are saying:
Readers who have made this recipe are raving about it! Here is what they had to say after feeding their family: