Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken is a satisfying and easy air fryer chicken recipe! Juicy chicken that is coated in Parmesan mix and then air fried!
I am obsessed with my Air Fryer right now like my Air Fryer Texas Road House Pickles! I have been pushing out some tasty meals. It is so easy to use and each meal offers amazing results.
Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken Recipe
I used half Panko bread crumbs and half Parmesan for this crushed chicken recipe. It adds the perfect crunchy coating to the chicken.
How to make
- Cut Chicken breast in half
- Salt and Pepper
- Mix panko bread crumbs, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese in a shallow bowl
- Coat with mayonnaise
- Coat with panko mixture
- Place in air fryer basket
- Spray with olive oil
- Air Fry and flip the chicken
- Continue cooking until reaches 165 degrees
- Top with your favorite marinara sauce or Italian seasonings
Can I Use Bone-In Chicken for Crusted Parmesan Chicken
If you want to use bone-in chicken you will need to add more time to cooking. Since the bone is in the chicken I suggest internally checking to ensure it is safe to serve. You can also see my Southern Fried Chicken Recipe in the Air Fryer.
What To Serve With Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Steamed, roasted, or air fried veggies
- French fries
- Macaroni and cheese
- Pasta salad
- Cucumber salad
- mashed potatoes
The list could go on and on. This chicken crusted recipe is very versatile! Pair with any of your favorite sides and enjoy!
Tips for Making Parmesan Crusted Air Fryer Chicken
- Space | Make sure you leave space between each piece of chicken. If you Chicken overlaps and touches it will not cook evenly and you will have undercooked or soggy spots.
- Even Coating | Do your best to evenly coat the chicken. You don’t want it built up too much as it can take longer to cook in that area. You also don’t want it too thin or it can dry out the chicken.
- Watch Cook Time | Depending on the thickness of your chicken will affect the cooking time. If you use say chicken breasts it will have a longer cook time. Where tenderloins will cook so much faster. So use my timing as a rough guide and check the internal temperature to ensure it is at least 165 degrees.
Best Way To Store Air Fryer Chicken
If you have leftovers you can easily store in an airtight container in your fridge. The chicken will store up to three days.
It is best when fresh as the crust has a nice crunchy flavor. You will want to reheat in microwave, oven or air fryer.
Can You Freeze Leftover Parmesan Crusted Chicken
I haven’t tried freezing but I don’t see why it would not work. Place leftover chicken in an airtight container or freezer bag.
Store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge to reheat in microwave or cover and place in the oven to reheat. Either method works, I find the oven offers the best texture for breaded items when it comes to reheating.
Crazing more air fryer recipes
- Air Fryer Red Lobster Copycat Coconut Shrimp
- Texas Roadhouse Air Fryer Pickles
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Balls
- How to make Steak in the air Fryer
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
If you got an air fryer of any kind for the holidays or a treat for yourself you will love this recipe. Simple steps, easy ingredients, and on a fantastic chicken recipe.
- 2 Large Chicken breasts
- 1 cup Parmesan shredded
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- Split chicken breasts in half
- Pound each piece with a meat hammer ( so they are even )
- Sprinkle with salt
- Spread Mayo on both sides of each piece of chicken
- Mix together Panko and Parmesan, and garlic powder( for keto skip the panko)
- Coat each piece of chicken in the panko/parmesan mixture
- Preheat air fryer to 390
- In a single layer place in the air fryer
- Cook for 15 minutes turning once after 10 minutes.
To make this keto increase the parmesan and skip the bread crumbs. You will not need any cooking spray the mayo helps give the chicken a crispy crust
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 663Total Fat: 50gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 38gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 930mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 30g