Learn how to make the easiest hard-boiled eggs ever – no water required, and the shell peels right off. If you make a lot of hard or soft-boiled eggs, these Air Fryer Boiled Eggs are the right method for you. In less than 20 minutes of cooking time, you will have perfectly cooked air-fried boiled eggs! The easiest air fryer recipe ever!
What do I need to make hard boiled eggs in the air fryer?
You literally need just 3 things:
- An air fryer
- An ice bath
How do I make boiled eggs in the air fryer?
Take 6 large eggs, then add the eggs to the air fryer basket. The air fryer should be preheated at this point. Cook for 15 minutes – 16 minutes, and immediately upon removing the cooked eggs, plunge them into an ice bath or cold water to stop the cooking. Let them sit in the ice bath for 10 minutes before removing the eggs and peeling.
These are so easy to peel! The shell will just slide right off. Peel the eggs, but don’t cut them open until you are ready to serve, or make deviled eggs or egg salad.
What to make with boiled eggs?
After making your air fryer hard-boiled eggs, you can make an egg salad, add it to potato salad or chicken salad, Make these amazing Hello Kitty Eggs, or make sandwiches! Boiled eggs are very versatile.
Try this Air Fryer Loaded Deviled Egg recipe for the best-deviled eggs I’ve ever had.
Tips and Tricks
- Every air fryer is different, so you made need a test run. These eggs were tested in the Power XL, but most will be similar times.
- If you eggs are straight from the fridge, add an extra minute to your cooking time. If they were room temperature, you might need to take off a minute so your eggs don’t overcook.
- For best results, do not overcrowd your air fryer.
How to tell if boiled eggs are overcooked
If there is a greenish tint to the outer rim of the yellow yolk, they are overcooked.
I tested the eggs at room temperature the first time without preheating the air fryer.
The photos were from these eggs.
- – 9 minutes soft boiled
- – 10 minutes medium-boiled
- – 11 minutes medium-boiled
- – 12 minutes hard-boiled
The second way I tested, the eggs were at room temperature, but I preheated the air fryer. They were hard-boiled at 10 minutes. If you want the center runnier, air fry for 6-8 minutes.
Everyone’s air fryer is different, so it is good to test your air fryer. If using cold refrigerated eggs, it may take an extra minute to cook properly.
Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days – do not cut open the egg until ready to serve or use in a recipe.
- 12 eggs
- Preheat the air fryer to 275 degrees. If your air fryer does not go that low it's ok use the lowest setting of 300 degrees.
- Remove the eggs from the refrigerator and let them warm on the counter for 10 minutes.
- You can place the eggs in the air fryer basket, making sure to space them out.
- Place the air fryer basket back in and set the timer according to how hard you want your eggs.
- As soon as the timer goes off, have a bowl of ice water ready. Remove the eggs and cool in the ice water for 10 minutes before peeling.
- Crack the egg around the center then remove each end. Prepare as desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.