Learn how to make boxed au gratin potatoes in the Instant Pot. If you love the boxed au gratin, you can learn how to make them easily and quickly in your pressure cooker.
I do not usually eat a lot of boxed foods but I know some people do. When my kids were small I use to use boxed foods more often because we were always in a rush. Let’s face it, It is actually cheaper to buy boxed foods and quicker when you are working full time. I also made homemade Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes if you wish.
What Are Au Gratin Potatoes
Au gratin potatoes are a classic potato dish that will be a great side to your dinner. This dish is thinly sliced potatoes that have a creamy sauce that is cheesy. The boxed au gratin is so easy because it is just a couple of ingredients for you to whip up a tasty side dish.
How To Make Boxed Au Gratin Potatoes In The Instant Pot
First, you will Add your butter and potatoes. Next add your liquids, Milk, and water. Stir in season packet. I used the directions on the box for my amounts. 2 cups water and 3/4 cup milk. Place your pot on Manual High pressure for 7 minutes. Do a quick release. Place in an oven-safe dish and put under the broiler for 1-2 minutes to brown the top.
What to Pair With Au Gratin Potatoes
- Ham | This is a traditional main dish to pair with the potato dish. This Instant Pot ham is so easy to make, and a great one if you have multiple Instant Pots in your home.
- Meatloaf | I love meatloaf with a potato side dish. Add in another veggie dish or even opt for a side salad for a lighter side.
- Chicken | You will find that chicken is another fantastic protein. Baked, grilled, or even cooked in a skillet will taste delicious with your potato side.
Ways To Dress Up Boxed Au Gratin Potatoes
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs
- Add a handful of french fried onions
- Sprinkle with added cheese
You can dress up your potatoes in a handful of ways. You can serve them up as is or add on a topping to add flavor to them and dress them up a bit.
So, if you have a box of potatoes in your pantry, grab them and give them a try.
Why You Will Love Cooking Instant Pot Au Gratin Potatoes
- Dump and turn on the Instant Pot to cook your potatoes
- Quick cook time
- Easy cleanup
How to Store Leftover Au Gratin Potatoes
You will want to keep any extra potatoes you don’t eat in a container in the refrigerator. Then store for 3-5 days in the fridge. Reheat in the microwave or even warm up in a skillet on the stove.
- 1 box AuGratin Potatoes
- Place potatoes and butter in IP
- Add liquids and season packet
- Place manual high pressure 7 minutes
- Do a quick release
- place under broiler to brown if wish
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 81Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 265mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g