Peanut Butter Brownies are ooey gooey chocolatey brownies that are filled with peanut butter cups and then topped with a peanut butter swirl. These brownies are absolutely irresistible.
Peanut butter and Chocolate together is my weakness. My sister made these brownies for one year at Christmas, and I absolutely loved them, so I had to make them for all of you!
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Brownies
- Brownie Mix
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Creamy Peanut Butter or natural peanut butter
- Powdered Sugar
Step by Step Directions for Peanut Butter Brownies
Add peanut butter to a medium size bowl and melt in the microwave for 1 minute, stirring every 30 seconds.
Add in powdered sugar and stir.
Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Pour half the brownie batter into a 9×9 baking pan.
Place peanut butter cups on top of the brownie mix.
Pour the the rest brownie batter over Reese’s cups into a prepared pan.
Place drops of the peanut butter mixture on top of the brownie batter.
Swirl Peanut Butter with a toothpick or a knife.
Bake on 350 for 30 minutes or until the knife comes out clean.
Tips and Tricks for Peanut Butter Brownies Recipe
- Spray the pan with cooking oil or use parchment paper to line the baking pan.
- Use full-size Reese’s peanut butter cups.
- Use a toothpick to swirl the peanut butter on top.
Frequently Asked Questions
Swirl using a toothpick or knife.
Store in an air tight container up to 7 days.
Yes, you can freeze brownies in an air tight container for up to 1 year. Defrost leaving out at room temperature.
For swirling you do need to use a creamy peanut butter or natural peanut butter.
- 1 box brownie batter
- 12 Reese's. Peanut butter cups
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions.
- Melt peanut butter in the microwave for 1-minute, stirring after 30 seconds.
- Mix powdered sugar and peanut butter and set aside.
- Pour half the batter into a prepared 8x8 brownie pan.
- Place Reese's peanut butter cups on top in a single layer.
- Pour the remaining batter over the top.
- Drop a spoon full of the peanut butter mixture on top of the batter.
- Using a toothpick, swirl the peanut butter on the chocolate brownie batter.
- Bake on 350 for 30 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 363Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 266mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 3gSugar: 17gProtein: 10g