Air Fryer Bang Bang Shrimp packs a nice punch of heat in every bite of this air fryer seafood recipe.
Skip takeout and make your own bang bang shrimp at home. Juicy shrimp smothered in a sweet and spicy bang bang sauce.
Air Fryer Bang Bang Shrimp
This shrimp recipe is so easy to make in your air fryer. If you are a fan of shrimp, here is a great way to try out something new. If you want Bang Bang Shrimp You will love Instant Pot Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta Or Even A Cajun Shrimp Boil in the Instant pot
Is Bang Bang Shrimp Spicy
You can adjust the heat to make it fit your personal preference.
My husband likes a bit of heat while I can enjoy this dish a bit more on the mild side. You can always let each person spice up their plate with Sriracha, red chili flakes, etc.
How To Devein Shrimp
If you purchase shrimp one thing I always look for is to ensure the shrimp has been deveined. If you happen to buy shrimp that has not, I will share how you can easily prep your raw shrimp.
- Remove shell on shrimp and feel free to remove the tail as well.
- Start by taking a sharp knife and making a slit in the back of the shrimp where you see the black/dark vein. This will expose the vein.
- Then with a toothpick or skewer – stick it under a piece of the vein and gently pull up.
- Normally the whole vein will come right out. If you find a piece is stuck, cut right by the area then stick toothpick in and pull the rest out.
- Once cleaned you can toss in a bowl with cold water to rinse the shrimp before prepping for recipe.
By taking the time to clean your shrimp you will find it is worth it.
I always try to buy shrimp that has already been deveined but on the occasion I have to do it myself I am prepared and know how.
What To Serve With Bang Bang Rice
- Fried Rice
- Plain rice
- Serve over a bed of kale for a salad
- Steamed or roasted veggies on the side
- Lo Mein or another type of noodles
You can really pick and choose whatever you want. This dish is exceptional however you pair it,
At times we do rice and the rice soaks you some of the sauce and it is incredible.
How to Store Leftover Bang Bang Shrimp
If you have leftover shrimp you will want to place in an airtight container and store it in the fridge. This shrimp will last 2-3 days.
To reheat you can warm up in the microwave or even toss in oven for a quick reheat. The one thing about shrimp being reheated is you can tend to overcook it and the shrimp becomes rubbery.
So feel free to heat but watch how long you cook it so it doesn’t overcook. Or eat it cold if you want to!
Air Fryer Shrimp
This is honestly one of our favorite air fryer shrimp recipes so far! Make your favorite shrimp dish at home easily!
- 1 Pound uncooked shrimp devained
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- Olive oil for spraying
Bang Bang Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tsp sriracha sauce
- Preheat Air fryer to 375
- Dip Shrimp in buttermilk
- shake off excess liquid
- Coat each one in cornstarch
- Spray each one with olive oil
- Place in the air fryer for 4 minutes turn over and cook for an additional one minute or until golden brown
- Meanwhile mix together mayo, sweet chili sauce, and sriracha sauce.
- When shrimp are done toss them in the bang bang sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 168Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 403mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 7g