Air Fryer Loaded Corn Fritter are a crispy and flavorful fritter full of kernel corn, cheese, bacon and more. Air fried to perfection and ready to be dipped or topped how you choose.
Serve up air-fried corn fritters for a snack, appetizer, or side dish. However, you choose you will walk away feeling satisfied.
Air Fryer Loaded Corn Fritters
Have you ever made a corn fritters? They are so easy to make and to be honest highly addictive. If you enjoy corn whether straight from the can or fresh off the cob, this corn recipe might be a perfect fit.
What Do You Eat Corn Fritters With
The options are endless. Top with a dollop of sour cream, pair with your favorite dipping sauce, or eat them plain. Those are a few options, but trust me there are way more ideas out there!
Can You Eat Sweet Corn Fritters Cold
While I prefer the crisp texture of fresh, you can eat them cold straight from the fridge! They are a treat either way.
Of course, corn fritters will taste best fresh, as they will maintain the crispy texture from the air fryer.
But if you have leftovers and want to store them, the fridge is a must. So eating cold instead of reheating is totally ok.
Can You Freeze
This is up to you. The best texture will be freshly air fried. But, you can freeze. Simply cook as directed and then set fritters on a cooling rack.
Allow the fritters to cool down and then you can transfer to a container. These fritters can be froze for up to 2-3 months.
Thaw in the fridge the night before you plan to eat them so they can thaw. Then reheat in the microwave, air fryer or even oven. Or opt to eat cold.
Craving More Air Fryer Recipes
- Reuben Fritters | Bite size fritters loaded with all your favorite flavors of a Reuben sandwich in every bite.
- Texas Roadhouse Rattlesnake Bites | A bite-size treat that carries a flavor punch. Crispy outside and cheese spiced up the center.
- Air Fried Pickles | Have you ever had a fried pickle? Talk about amazing in every single bite. A must make side or appetizer.
- Pumpkin Fritters
Fresh Corn or Canned Corn
You are welcome to use fresh corn off the cob, or reach for canned corn that you drain liquid off of. Now if you do fresh corn, make sure to clean away the silks before you slice.
Fresh corn will of course be best but if corn isn’t in season don’t push away the canned corn. It will still taste good!
Can I Double This Recipe
Of course you can double the recipe. The biggest thing is leaving space in between each fritter so they fully cook on every area.
Then all you need to do is batch cook your fritters. You can place cooked fritters on a baking sheet in the oven at 200 degrees to keep warm.
Don’t stack the fritters or it will make them soggy. Layout in a single layer as you wait for the rest to cook.
- 1 can corn
- 2 eggs
- 1 or 2 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- ¼ cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1 diced jalapeno
- Chives as garnish
- Dipping sauce of your choice (I used sour cream and spicy ranch dressing)
- Mix together the eggs, salt, pepper, sugar, and baking powder in a medium-sized bowl and combine.
- Add in the flour and whisk until incorporated.
- Add in the corn, shredded cheese, bacon, and diced jalapeno.
- Shape into patties.
- place in freezer for 30 minutes
- Preheat Air Fryer to 400
- Spray with cooking oil
- Air Fryer for 10 minutes and flip over for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with favorite condiments and enjoy!
- You can easily omit the sugar if you want. We like ours to be slightly sweetened.
- Add more jalapeno if you want them spicier.
- You could use fiesta-style corn instead of regular if you want some extra flavor and color.
- Try out a variety of cheeses like Pepper Jack, Mozzarella, or even provolone.
- I prefer to shred my own cheese because we love the flavor, but you could always used bagged pre-shredded cheese if you want.
- Garnish with chives, green onions, cheese, sour cream, bacon, or dipping sauces.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 172Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 607mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 7g