Whip up a batch of these easy air fryer Apple fries. A simple and satisfying way to make apple fries in literally no time. Crispy outside with a tender and sweet apple in the middle.
Air Fryer Apple Fries
Apple fries are a favorite. A crispy coating that is going to compliment your apples nicely. Serve these dessert fries up alone or pair with caramel, fudge, or even ice cream!
How to Make Apple Fries in the air fryer
- Peel and slice Apples
- Coat Each Apple with Mixture
- Spray with cooking oil
- Air fry
- Coat in cinnamon and sugar
What Are The Best Apples To Use
To be honest any baking apple will work great. Baking apples hold up better when cooked. This is key so you don’t lose texture or have the Apple create too much juice.
Honey crisp, green apples, Cortland, Braeburn, pink lady, gala, are all great options. Feel free to pick whatever Apple you prefer.
To Peel Or Not To Peel
The choice is yours. Some will love to have the peel on, and others will inside it be taken off.
So you can do either for this recipe. You can try it and see what you think both ways.
Why Are They Called Apple Fries
You call them this because these apples are diced and cooked and resemble a fry! You will find many know and love the famous Legoland Apple fries.
Grab your air fryer and enjoy a super easy dessert that everyone can enjoy.
Dipper Ideas For Apple Dessert Fries
- Hot fudge
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar
- Whipped cream
- Ice Cream
Honestly, you can dip your fries in anything. Sometimes we eat them plain and other times we do caramel.
All the same it is an incredible air fryer dessert.
Tips for Air Frying Apple Fries
- Make sure you air fry your apples in a single layer. Don’t overlap as that will make pieces not cook upright and become soggy or undercooked.
- All air fryers heat slightly differently. So use the cooking time as a gauge and check on the fries periodically.
- Also if you want to make a lot to serve a crowd, just batch cook. Turn the oven on low and place cooked Apple fries in a single layer and place in the oven to stay warm.
Do Homemade Apple Fries Store
Like most fried foods fresh is best. These apples will slowly sog up as they sit. If you want to store leftover apples simply place them in an airtight container in the fridge.
When ready to eat you can eat cold, warm up in the microwave or even back in the air fryer.
This is an easy Air Fryer dessert that kids and adults can enjoy. Best of all you can whip it together in minutes for a great way to incorporate fruit into a fun new dessert.
Love Apple Recipes?
- 4 Apples Sliced and Peeled
- 1/2 Cup Almond Flour or coconut flour
- 2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- Cooking Oil Spray I used olive oil
For coating after
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Preheat Air Fryer to 400
- Mix together Flour and cinnamon
- Peel and slice apples
- Coat with lemon juice.
- Coat each apple slice with flour mixture
- Place apples in a single layer in the air fryer
- Spray with your cooking spray
- Air fry for only 3-5 minutes any longer your apples will be mushy
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon
- Remove and coat with sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you don't have almond flour or coconut flour you can use 1/2 cup of corn starch I have done both ways it's delicious either way
Slice apples in thicker slices
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 350Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 7mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 7gSugar: 45gProtein: 4g