Air Fryer Garlic and Parm Zucchini Fries are a tasty side dish or even an appetizer. You have a crispy and savory zucchini fry that is loaded with flavor.
Air Fryer Zucchini Fries are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, making them perfect for dipping in your favorite sauce. Everyone will love these fries!
Why Air Fry Zucchini Fries
Zucchini fries with garlic and parmesan are the perfect flavor pairing. Dip in ranch or even salt and eat alone. However, they will be a hit if you choose to serve up these garlic zucchini fries.
- Quick and easy prep to air fry.
- The air fryer uses less energy.
- No unwanted grease compared to frying.
- You get a crisp and crunchy outside just as you would have fried in oil.
I love to use fresh zucchini from my garden during the summer months. Good ways to use your garden zucchini up are Zucchini Lasagna, Zucchini Quiche, Zucchini Crisps, Zucchini Pie, or even my Curly Zucchini Fries.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- Zucchini- I used fresh from my garden.
- Panko Bread crumbs- You can use regular bread crumbs, but the panko gives that extra crispy crust.
Step by Step Directions for Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
Cut Zucchini in half lengthwise, then cut in half again. Next, cut those into 1″ zucchini sticks.
Place one cup of flour with garlic powder on a small plate or bowl.
Place panko bread crumbs in another dish with parmesan cheese.
Create a breading station.
First coat each zucchini with flour, next dip in egg, and last coat with panko bread crumb mix.
Place in a single layer in your air fryer basket and spray with cooking spray or olive oil.
Work in batches.
Tips and Tricks for Air Fryer Garlic Parm Zucchini Fries
- Leave space in between each fry. If they overlap, they will not fully crisp up the way you want them to. So leave space between each fry.
- Aim to cut all your zucchini the same size. That way, as they air fry, they all cook evenly. If one is a lot thicker than another, you will find that some overcook while others end up undercooked.
- If you don’t have much room, depending on your air fryer model, batch cook. Turn the oven on to 200 degrees and just toss the cooked ones in a pan and let them stay warm. That way, you have fresh fries to serve up.
- Zucchini fries are best when served fresh. They will become soft in texture as it cools down. So do your best to eat it fresh vs. wait and serve later.
What To Dip Zucchini Fries In
- Garlic Aioli
- Sriacha Sauce
- Ranch Dressing or homemade.
- Fry Sauce
- Avocado Dressing
The sky is the limit with this sauce and fries pairing. You can use whatever you want to elevate the flavors of your fries.
Frequently Asked Questions about Zucchini Fries
Yes, If you do not have an air fryer, you can make baked zucchini fries right in the oven. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and place on a baking sheet with parchment paper bake for 30 minutes or until crispy.
This is the thing, you don’t have to peel the zucchini. Now, if you don’t like the skin of zucchini, then take the time and peel it away. Either route, these fries are tasty with or without the skins.I find the skins add a bit more texture and color, which is always welcome in my books. Plus, it saves you time on prepping.
Yes, Zucchini is packed with vitamin A & C and has low calories. Since they are made in the air fryer and not deep fried, they are a much healthier option than regular french fries.
We never have any leftovers, but you can store them in an air-tight container in the fridge for five days.
I would reheat them in the air fryer on 350 for 2-3 minutes this should make them crispy again. You can also reheat it in the oven on 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
More Air Fryer Recipes You will Love
- Buffalo Chicken Pull-Apart Bread
- Potato Pancakes
- Steak Fries
- Green Bean Fries
- Beef Jerky
- Crispy Chick Peas
- Home Fries
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Oil spray
- Cut zucchini lengthwise in half.
- Cut those both in half as well.
- Cut into fries strips about 1" long and 1" thick.
- Set Aside.
- Whisk two eggs in a small bowl.
- Place one cup of flour with garlic powder on a small plate or bowl.
- Place panko bread crumbs in another dish with parmesan cheese.
- Working in batches, first dip each zucchini fry into flour.
- Next, into the egg.
- Last in panko bread crumbs.
- Place your preheated Air Fryer on 375.
- Spray with cooking oil I used olive oil.
- Cook for 15 minutes, flipping once after 10 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 325Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 349mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 13g