This Baked Tomato and Feta Pasta recipe takes the TikTok famous baked feta pasta and elevates it to a whole new level! You will love the addition of pancetta combined with garlic, tomatoes, Feta, and pasta for a dish that is bursting with so much flavor. Once you make this it will become a family favorite overnight.
Baked Tomato and Feta Pasta
One of my guilty pleasures in life is watching TikTok. So naturally, I see so many fun and unique recipes pop up all the time. I usually watch them for a quick minute and then scroll on by but when I saw cookingwithdarryl put an amazing spin on the viral baked feta pasta recipe dish I knew I was making it!
You will love how easy this dish is to create and the cheesy flavor that pops. The addition of pancetta is seriously out of this world! It ranks right up there with my Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta and my Instant Pot Pasta Carbonara.
How to Make Baked Tomato and Feta Pasta
- Add olive oil and garlic to the pan
- Saute and add pancetta add salt and pepper
- Add Cherry Tomatoes, feta cheese or goat cheese, and seasonings
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Stir in fresh spinach and fresh basil
- Stir and add al dente pasta of your choice
- Serve immediately topped with parmesan cheese
Tips Tricks and FAQs
- Be sure you use a block of Feta cheese. If you cannot find a block (because everyone else is buying it) you can try to push the crumbles together to form a block.
- Get creative! If you are not a lover of Feta try a different cheese. Some of my foodie friends that tried this recipe already swapped out the Feta for mozzarella and loved it!
- Add other ingredients! Artichoke hearts would be an amazing addition to this recipe. You can also add more tomatoes or Basil if you would like.
- I love the addition of pancetta, but you can omit it if you choose.
- Adding that cup of pasta water helps thin out the sauce.
- Use a small baking dish. You want that Feta and tomatoes to be really squished together.
I have to admit I didn’t have any leftovers it was that good! If you do have leftovers you can store them in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
More Recipes you will love
Can I use reduced-fat Feta?
I recommend using full-fat Feta with this dish.
Can I make this spicier?
Yes, you can! Just add some crushed red pepper flakes to the sauce.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 oz panchetta
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 oz brick feta cheese
- 8 oz cherry tomatoes ( I used the multi colored)
- 16 oz al dente pasta ( i used angel hair)
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbs red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400
- saute 1 tbsp olive oil garlic and pancetta 4 minutes
- Add tomatoes, feta cheese, and seasonings
- add one tbsp more of olive oil
- bake for 30 minutes
- meanwhile, cook your pasta till al dente
- save one cup of the pasta water
- Stir your tomato and cheese mixture and add-in pasta water
- Stir in your pasta, fresh basil, and spinach
- Serve with parmesan cheese
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 277Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 355mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 11g