Birthday Cake Bites are a no-fuss dessert that are jam-packed with sweetness in every bite. These cake balls are so easy to make, minimal ingredients, and perfect for birthday parties or mid-week treat.
Birthday Cake Bites
You will use a cake mix as the base of these cake bites. You do bake the flour to pasteurize it and make it safe to eat. Then you will mix up, roll, and dip your cake truffles in chocolate and decorate as you see fit.
How to Make:
Step 1: Start by spreading out the cake mix on a baking sheet. Then you will bake in the oven as directed below in the printable recipe card.
You do this to cook off bacteria. You don’t want to brown the mix, just cook as directed to ensure all bacteria is off and safe to eat.
Step 2: Once cake mix has cooled completely you will pour in a bowl. Add in your other ingredients. Then fold in your rainbow sprinkles.
Step 3: Roll your birthday cake balls into balls. I used a cookie scoop to get even cake pops. Then sit on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Step 4: Now heat up your chocolate, and dip the cake truffles into the melted chocolate. Shake off excess and then add more sprinkles or decorate as you would like.
Can I Make These Birthday Cake Cake Pops
If you want buy some sticks and then as you roll your crumbled cake mixture into balls, stick the candy stick on one end, and push in a bit.
Then you will dip the cake pop in the white chocolate and make sure part of the stick at bottom gets a little chocolate to help secure the cake pop on the stick.
What Is The Best Cake Mix To Use
To be honest, you can use any flavor of cake mix you would like. Chocolate, yellow, rainbow, etc.
You will add sprinkles into the cake mixture, so a lighter colored cake shows up the best. But, feel free to do chocolate if you prefer, or even a red velvet would be tasty.
Variations To Birthday Cake Truffles
- Swap out the cake mix with any flavor of cake mix!
- Change out the candy melts you use! Any flavor or color works great.
- Add in chopped candies or other ingredients into the cake ball dough before you roll
Storing Birthday Cake Truffles
I find these cake truffles are best when they are stored in the fridge. You will make sure the candy melts fully harden and then place in an airtight container. Use parchment paper in between the layers to prevent the cake truffles from sticking.
Can I Use Chocolate Chips Instead of Candy Melts For Dipping
You can use any type of chocolate chips whether white or milk chocolate. Just add a tablespoon of shortening into the melted chocolate. This will help the chocolate to crust up like candy melts as it hardens when it dries.
Otherwise if you use plain chips, it will stay soft and can be a bit messy to touch.
More Tasty Desserts To Try Out
- 2 cups of cake mix (any variety, I used funfetti)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup flour
- 12 tablespoons butter (room temp. & unsalted)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ cup sprinkles + more for topping
- 20 ounces melting chocolate
- Heat up the flour and cake mix by pouring it on a large baking pan. Spread it out and put it into the oven at 325 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Don’t let it brown up, you are just killing bacteria.
- Combined the cake mix, sugar, butter, vanilla, milk, and flour in a large bowl. Mix with a wooden spoon until the dough is moist and can be formed into a ball. Then fold in the sprinkles gently.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl for 30-second intervals and stir in between each one. Stirring will help melt the chocolate even more.
- Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Use a cookie scoop to form cookie dough balls. Then dip each one into the melted chocolate. Shake off excess chocolate and set on the cookie sheet. Add sprinkles on top and freeze for 20 minutes then serve.
- These cake bites are so delicious and sweet. You can use chocolate cake, white cake, strawberry, lemon or anything else you want. You can’t go wrong!
- If you opt to make chocolate cake bites, you can even dip them in milk or semi-sweet chocolate.
- Use any of your favorite sprinkles to go with your theme. They are great for birthdays, holidays, and just because you want a snack.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 648Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 332mgCarbohydrates: 80gFiber: 2gSugar: 59gProtein: 6g