This taco monkey bread takes just three ingredients to make. You will have a savory and delicious appetizer or game-day snack to serve up your family and friends. This taco monkey bread recipe is crazy simple and highly addictive to eat.
This bread is so addicting I thought it needed a warning label. This is the perfect game day or after school snack. TacoMonkey Bread, meat, and cheese wrapped in a Grands biscuit delicious.
Love sweet and savory? Try out this Bacon and cinnamon monkey bread!
Or even these Monkey Bread Muffins!
Taco Monkey Bread
This taco monkey bread is great for getting picky eaters interested in dinner, party food, and more. We love any Tex-Mex recipe, and this one is one we make over and over again.
What Type of Bread Dough Do You Use For Taco Monkey Bread
To make it super easy to reach for Grand biscuits. If you would rather not use biscuits you can also use frozen (thawed) Rhodes dinner rolls or even homemade bread dough. I love the biscuits as it offers a very light and fluffy texture. But the choice is yours.
How Do You Make Taco Monkey Bread
- Cook Taco Meat Use my homemade taco seasonings or packaged
- Cut biscuits in half and flatten them
- Fill each one with taco meat and shredded cheese
- Place each ball into bundt pan
- Bake and serve
Can I Use Ground Turkey For Taco Meat
Ground turkey, beef, or even chicken will work for this recipe. Any ground meat that is cooked and seasoned will taste great. Of course, each meat will offer a slight difference in flavor.
What If I Don’t Have A Bundt Pan
You can use a loaf pan or even 9×9 pan. I love the look of the bundt pan but it isn’t something you absolutely have to. Just make sure that your dough is fully cooked.
How To Know When Taco Monkey Bread Is Done
You will know when your bread is done is when you see it begin to turn golden brown. Then take a toothpick and poke the dough and see if it comes out clean on the bread portion. Of course, the taco meat will discolor the bread if poked.
What To Dip Taco Monkey Bread In
- Ranch Dressing | Make up some ranch or use bottled and dip your monkey bread in for a tasty pairing.
- Salsa | I love salsa with any taco recipe. You can make your own salsa or opt for store-bought. Choose the heat factor that you prefer.
- Guacamole | Whip up a batch of homemade guacamole and dip or top your bite with this cheesy taco bread.
- Melted Cheese Sauce | If you want to, do a melted cheese sauce like nacho cheese. It will make this dish extra cheesy, but any cheese lover might love this!
How To Store Leftover Monkey Bread
I recommend allowing your bread to cool then put in an airtight container. Store in the fridge for up to three days. Toss any leftovers out after that point.
Give this super easy and affordable taco monkey bread recipe a try. If you are looking for a super easy recipe, this is right up your alley!
- 2 packages of Grands Biscuits
- 1 pound of taco meat
- 1 cup salsa
- 16 oz cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- cook taco meat and add 1 cup salsa
- Cut the biscuit in half and place a spoonful of meat in the center.
- Top with cheese and form into a small ball.
- Place into a greased bundt pan.
- Top each layer with shredded cheddar
- Repeat until pan is full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Serve with salsa and any toppings you love with your tacos.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 553Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 1449mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 27g