Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy is one of my favorite chicken slow cooker recipes. Toss in some boneless chicken, and create a mouthwatering gravy to flavor your chicken. Pair with mashed potatoes, rice, or even top Texas Toast and drizzle the gravy on.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy
If you want a total comfort food, then you have to try this dish. Tender and flavorful chicken that is fall apart tender, loaded with a rich savory gravy.
Can I Use Bone-In Chicken For This Recipe
If you prefer to use bone-in chicken you can, but the one thing to note, is this chicken will fall right off the bones. Since you cook it low and slow you will have an incredibly tender chicken. So, I tend to recommend doing boneless.
Variations To Recipe
- Toss in mushrooms, or even sliced onions to add more flavor to your chicken and gravy.
- Mix in different herbs and spices to help add layers of flavor.
- You could even dice up some potatoes and toss in if you want them to be similar to potatoes from a roast.
There are different ways to make this recipe. So feel free to improvise or raid that pantry and see what you have on hand.
Can I Use Turkey In Replace Of Chicken
If you have a turkey breast you want to use, go right ahead. I would just recommend cutting it up a bit so the pieces of meat are thinner and it will cook faster. If you place a whole turkey breast in you will find it will increase the cook time by a lot if you don’t dice it up first.
How to Serve Chicken and Gravy
- Serve as an open face sandwich
- Pair with mashed potatoes
- Add a scoop of rice or cauliflower rice to soak up gravy
- Pair with a marinated broccoli to help lighten it up.
- Add steamed or roasted vegetables as a side dish.
- Reach for a dinner roll or butter bread to soak up gravy.
Depending on what we have or the time of year, we can really change up how we eat this chicken and gravy. Either way, this dish is so delicious and one that I recommend making over and over again.
How To Thicken Gravy
So if your gravy doesn’t reach the thickness you would like, you can change it really easy. Add 1 tablespoon cold water with 1 tablespoon cornstarch. Mix well and then pour into your hot gravy mixture. Then with your slow cooker on high, just keep stirring.
It will thicken over time, and you can repeat slurry to get your desired thickness. Or if you want to speed it up, remove some of the gravy and place on a pan on the stove and thicken it that way with the cornstarch slurry.
Easy Steps to Make Slow cooker Chicken and Gravy
- Place chicken in your slow cooker
- Mix together cream soup and gravy packets
- Pour over your chicken in the crock pot
- Cook chicken on high
- 2 pound Chicken Breast (boneless skinless)
- 2 Packets McCormick Chicken Gravy Mix
- 1 Can Cream Chicken Soup
- 1 Cup water
- Mix together soup and gravy packets.
- Add water.
- Place chicken in the slow cooker
- Pour over soup mix
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred.
- Place back in the gravy and serve
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 183Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 327mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 29g