If you are looking for a delicious new way to enjoy potatoes then this melting potatoes recipe is for you. This inventive way to cook potatoes transforms this starchy vegetable into a melt in your mouth treat.
Melting Potatoes recipe
But there is one recipe I have yet to share with you that is my absolute favorite potato in the whole world and it is melt in your mouth potatoes.
How To Make Melting Potatoes
- Preheat oven
- Cut and Peel Potatoes to 1″ rounds
- Melt butter and add seasonings
- Coat all potatoes with mixture
- Sear Potatoes in a cast iron skillet
- Add broth
- Add butter to top of each potato
- Bake as directed below
How to Store Melt in your mouth Potatoes
If you have leftovers you can store them in your fridge in an airtight container, but they will lose some of that melt in your mouth flavor and creaminess that you can taste right out of the oven.
These will last up to 3 days when properly stored.
What are Melting Potatoes?
They are crispy on the outside and still soft and fluffy on the inside. They practically melt in your mouth they are so delicious.
What to serve with potatoes
You can serve just about anything with these melt in your mouth potatoes. I love pairing it with red meat that we throw on the grill and then with a vegetable or side salad.
Try these other delicious potato dishes
Nothing compares to these melt in your mouth delicious potatoes. They may take a few steps, but they are worth it when you sit down and taste just how amazing they really are.
- 4 Russet Potatoes
- 10 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp thyme
- Preheat oven to 400
- Peel Potatoes and cut into 1" thick rounds
- Melt 4 tbsp butter and add seasonings.
- Coat Potatoes with melted butter and seasonings mixture
- add olive oil to cast iron pan
- Add to preheated cast iron pan and sear both sides of potatoes till brown about 4 minutes per side
- Pour chicken broth into cast iron pan
- add a slice of butter to the top of each potato
- bake for 30 minutes.
- remove and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 490Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 484mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g