Creamy Garlic mushrooms and bacon is one of those dishes you will never forget once you try it as it combines garlic, Bella mushrooms, white wine, heavy cream, bacon, butter, and spinach to create a mouthwatering dish that is ready in just 15 minutes.
Creamy Mushrooms and Bacon
We love sauteed mushrooms in our house! We are constantly finding new creative ways to cook them, like our Copycat Red Lobster Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms or our Salisbury Steak Recipe, but time and time again we always come back to these creamy garlic mushrooms and bacon.
We love this side dish for so many reasons!
- The cream sauce is one of a kind
- The flavors melded together are out of this world.
- Ready in 15 minutes (but looks and tastes like you spent hours cooking it!)
Ingredients for Creamy Garlic and Mushrooms
- white wine
- heavy cream
How to make creamy sauteed mushrooms with bacon
- Cut bacon into 1″ squares and fry over a medium high heat.
- Remove bacon from pan and drain grease.
- Add butter and garlic to your pan saute for 1 minute
- Add white wine to the butter and garlic
- add the mushrooms (button brown mushrooms or white button mushrooms) saute for 5-10 minute. I do not use sliced mushrooms
- Pour in the Cream into the pan continue cooking over a medium low heat
- Add seasonings, salt, and pepper
- The sauce will be a golden brown and thicken Add parmesan cheese The sauce will be a golden brown and thicken
- Add parmesan cheese
- Add your bacon back to the pan and optional spinach
Tips Tricks and FAQs
- You can add parsley and thyme as a garnish to your sauteed mushroom recipe if you prefer.
- You can substitute the wine for chicken stock or chicken broth.
- Be sure you use mushrooms that are the same size to ensure they all cook evenly.
- You will want to rinse your mushrooms prior to cooking them so they don’t become slimy. Don’t drench them though, mushrooms are little sponges when it comes to water.
- If you are a lover of everything garlic you can double it.
What do I serve with Creamy Parmesan Mushrooms and Bacon
Store your leftover sauteed mushrooms in the fridge in an airtight container. These will last up to 2 days in the fridge.
Can I add a protein to this dish?
Absolutely! It already is loaded with pieces of bacon, but you can add cooked chicken or shrimp.
More Recipes with Mushrooms
- 8 slices bacon
- 16 oz baby bella mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp thyme
- optional 1 cup fresh spinach
- Cut bacon into 1" strips and fry
- Remove bacon from pan and drain grease
- Add butter and minced garlic
- Pour in the wine and scrape the bottom of the pan
- Add Bella mushrooms and allow to cook for 5-10 minutes depending on how big the mushrooms are
- Pour in your heavy cream and parsley, thyme, and allow the cream to thicken
- Add your parmesan cheese and bacon.
- Optional add in a hand full of fresh spinach and allow to wilt.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 271Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 467mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 10g